Break for the storm

Mantel and Atlas broke into a panic as humans fearful of a faunus uprising assaulted the Faunus district. While some faunus galvanized by the riot and the broadcast took out revenge on the humans of both cities. The city council was quick to meet and organize themselves. Martial Law was established and General Ironwood called all available forces to Atlas.

Riot gear was given to law enforcement and the small units were deployed to help keep the peace. Even a few huntsmen were called on to arrest key individuals.

The riot was shortly stopped but at a high cost of life and property. The Faunus were then moved to the crater for their own protection. Much to the displeasure of Berly. She held Ivy tightly as she watched the latest report on the news.

"Turn it off. You'll only worry yourself." Said Izzy.

"But I have to know. What's happening." Replied Beryl "what if we get sent to the crater."

"This is how the news gets you. They make you worry and tell you sweet nothings to keep you hooked."
Izzy walked over and turned off the television. Kissing Berlyn on her forehead. "Besides you have us to keep you and Ivy safe."

Mario gave a thumbs up looking away from his helmet. Before returning to cleaning it.

*Atlas Command center*

Platinum was sitting by a holographic map. Her eyes were closed as she ran battle simulations. Captain Max stood by her side. A sympathetic hand on her shoulder. He looked at the battlefield playing in front of him. While the General and his staff looked over the simulation and added feedback.

As the simulation waged on, Captain Max looked at the waves of troops. He wondered who they might be and what their stories were. After a moment of deep thoughts; he shook his head, getting rid of such sympathies.

"Captain Max?" Question the General.

Max, confused for a moment, didn't answer. But came back to attention after a third call.

"Sorry I was lost in thought."

The General nodded. "I hope you are not distracted on the battlefield. Pietro tells me that your weapon is ready."

"Yeah."

"Well then, we can have your mechanism in reserve. Winter you will lead the Vanguard, along with the Aceops. I will provide support from my flagship."

"General Ironwood! I must protest!" Protested one of the councilmen.

"You are needed here. What if those dirty Faunus start another riot."  Said another Woman.

"Then don't provoke them. While we are gone. Said Captain Max.

"Watch your tongue! You shouldn't even be here. You're not a citizen to begin with."

"Captain Max, had earned his right to be here. His people are welcome to stay." Spat Ironwood.

The council representatives were quietly dismissed along with the soldiers. Captain Max left the room looking at Platinum one. He then left for the mess hall; it was time to hold.

-The barrack-

Ivy was peaceful sleeping on the bed. She was tired after playing with Mario throughout the day. As she napped on top of the bunk she slowly woke up as her nose caught a whiff of something good. She looked over the bed to see the door to the room open.

Max entered the room with bags of food from the one place she always wanted to eat. Burger from Weezle's.
The other in the room smelled it and saw the bags. Ivy jumped from her bed on the top bunk and grabbed a bag from Max and sat next to Izzy who had a grim face.