Rest and relaxation

Max removed his helmet putting it to the side of his bed. His room was generic as it can. White walls, some blue electrical currents flowing between segments. No windows but what seemed to be some kind of device that got Max's attention. He walked over to it and pressed a button which opened a large screen.

"Is this what I think it is?" Muttered Max.

"Affirmative. Some form of internet."

Max smiled put his helmet over the monolith, connecting a few wires and singing to himself.
"Enjoy yourself Metroplex. Collect as much information as you are able."

The AI made a blimp to acknowledge the command before leaving to explore the data scape. Max laid on the bed for only two minutes before there was a knock in the door. Max stood up with a frown in his face. The door slide open revealing Winter who had her typical stoic face.

"I see you were able to settle in just right."

"Yeah, what are my orders now?"

"The General wish that you take leave. For the following two days."

"Oh effective immediately?" Max's frown replaced by a joyful tone.

"Starting tomorrow, you may want to use this time to familiarize yourself with our facilities, staff and our world."

Winter then walked away her high heels echoing through the hallways. Max looked at his room; yearning to go back to his bed. But there was something more demanding. Lunch.

Max closed the door and walked the hallways unsure of where he was going. He was trusting his nose, but admittedly he was lost. He then heard some chatter coming down the hall. It was a squadron of Atlasian. They were dressed in white, blue and grey coats, suits or gym clothes. There was large woman talking to a monk, a man with a dog tail talking to a girl in a track suit and a man who had the face of a guy who just won the lottery.

Max stepped to the side but was approached by the man with short orange hair and friendly atmosphere radiating from him. "You must be our new ally, my name his Clover I'm in charge of ace operation."

"Captain Max."

"I was told he would have a strange helmet." Said the dog man.

"I left it my room. I was looking for the mess hall."

"You can follow us we are our way there ourselves." Said Clover. "Lucky that we found you."

The mess-hall was just like any military cafeteria, a long room with long tables and the food at the actual end of the room. Max and the ace ops were able to get some chowder and water to eat.

"So that is why Winter is soo cold. Pun intended."

"Yep her family has a monopoly over all dust in the kingdom. She has a lot to live up with." Said Marrow.

"Yeah but she has all that money to fall back on." Said Elm with a mouth full of food.

"I believe her sister will get the money." Said Vine who drank a calming tea.

Max took a spoonful of chowder pondering a bit more about Winter. He though that she was just a cold bitch. But the more he heard about her the more respect he had for her.

"So Max what's up with that armor? Do you never take it off?" Asked Harriet.

"It is the only bit of clothes I got."

"I am certain that the quartermaster would have spare for you." Said Vine.

"Thanks, but where is the quartermaster?"

Clover gave his directions and so Max headed there.

*In the mean time*

Watts and Pietro were busy at work along with their staff.  Pietro was looking over several lines of coding.

"We aren't getting no where with this code." He said disgruntled. "The AI isn't responding as it should."

Watts walked over to Pietro  and tapped the monitor, the screen began to glitch. "Mhh that is strange." Said Watts.

"What seems to be the issue?"

"It seems the system is running two programs at the same time."

"What really?!" Said Pietro who began to look over the system.

Watts walked away making sure that no one was watching him. He stretch out his hand showing him a small screen. He slides his finger with the grace of a conductor. "Why hello who are you?"

Watts was looking at a screen that only displayed a red logo that looked like a face. There was no respond.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone you accessed this foolish project."

The screen changed again showing which was filled with letters spelling out a sentence.

"I am a civil administration AI."

"A fully functional AI? Who made you?"

"Classified"

"Where are you from? Wait you will just say it's classified. Go on now."

The logo disappears and Watts gave a sly smile as he did his best to trace the rogue AI. Finding its source with little effort and unsurprised to see that it was coming from Max's room.

"My oh my What other secrets are you hiding?"

*At Max's Room*

The door slid open As Max walked into his room holding a bag holding his armor. He put the bag on the ground and looked himself in the mirror. He had a white coat with teal block on his side.

"Welcome back Max." Said the AI.

"Thank you Metroplex. I had to fight a small woman to get these teal patters."

The AI didn't say anything. Max sat on the side of his bed and began to polish his armor. It been too long since the last time he cleaned the armor. He wasn't going to let this time escape him.

"So what did you found out?"

The AI projected a screen showing him files, pictures, a map of the world, and other miscellaneous things. Max looked at it and knew that he couldn't read it all at once.

"Cliff notes please."

"The world is known as Remnant, the inhabitants created huntsmen academies to combate creatures known as Grimm. There is a average military presences to police the larger settlements. While huntsmen cover deal with local Grimm."

Max rubbed his head, "we are really in another world. Guess we're gonna stick by the general's side. Got anything on the General?"

The AI showed a picture of the General. "Jaimes Ironwood. He is the head of the Atlas military and has recently became the head master of the local huntsmen academy."

Max read the bio that the AI had given him, date of birth, early career, honors and other note worthy events. As Max was reading he froze as there was a knock at the door.

The screen turned off as Max turned to open the door and was surprised to find.