The Old life part 2

*a week later*

Izzy was sitting in one of the Faunus only bars the town has. It wasn't saying much as the town was almost only Faunus. He listens to enough conversation and gossip to get some understanding of the world he found himself in.

He was in the kingdom of Atlas, where the Demi humans were called Faunus. They were the lowest of society doing menial jobs. A feeling he was familiar with too much. There were creatures called grimm that plagued the line. He never saw one and hoped that he wouldn't ever meet one. If the rumors were true.

Following the week he arrived in town he was able to blend in quite nicely. Claiming to be a Faunus himself except that he lost his tail to poachers. He did odd jobs at the harbor acting as extra muscle, guarding the ships and warding off bandits.

He made enough money to get food but not enough to buy a room. Rather he used the experience of siege warfare from the failed Baton Rouge campaign. To create a passable home just outside the city battlements. A snowy trench and bunker to keep the cold out and make a passable home inside.

His appearance had changed as well, his coat and armor he had blended to keep him warm and protected. His face was covered by warm cloth and when it wasn't face was rough and dirty from being unwashed.

Izzy took a sip of a warm soda; still refusing to drink alcohol. He then walked out into the streets he had a job to do. The fishing guild wanted him to oversee the loading of fish into a transport.

A job he did well at, he arrived with one of the fishermen pushing the final box behind a transport that looked more like a sea plane from earth. The side of the transport said, 'The Azure Viscountess. The words are barely visible.

The back door opened showing the tiger Faunusthat had saved Izzy weeks ago. She was better looking, her flight jacket was clean and her black hair was kept in a knot with the exception of the cow lick on her head. She was attractive, admitted Izzy. She was followed by the kid from before. She was wearing a small white and black flight suit of her own. It made Izzy smile a bit to see them doing better.

"He brought the fish and the Beryl." Said the fisherman with a raspy voice.

"Good, I just need you to sign here and load them on board."

"Hold up!" Said a voice with confidence in their authority.

A red and blue set of soldiers marched down the dock. Their weapons were just glorified carbines. They made their way toward the 'Azure Viscountess'. Izzy snicker at them, their uniforms weren't that far off from their own. But he could tell they were made of a weaker substance. But that didn't mean he was going to be lax about what will happen.

"You have to pay the toll and parking fines." Said the red soldier handing her a clipboard.

The tiger Faunus looked at it with confusion then it was replaced with anger.
"This is a rip off. I paid these fees last week."

"Looks like typical Faunus trickery sergeant." Said the soldier in blue.

"Ma'am we need you to come with us. Unless there is another accident like your father." Said the one in red holding his weapon up.

"Please the guild verified that she paid her dues." Begged the fisherman holding their contract. The guard yanked the paper from the old man and ripped it. Izzy immediately pointed his blaster at them. The two soldiers turned their attention to him.

"Stand down or we will be forced to shoot!" Screamed the sergeant. Izzy didn't flinch at the threat, he was shot at enough times to be numb by it. The old man lifted himself up, "Are you alright sir?" Asked Izzy.