The Party

Captain Max looked at the mirror; he didn't enjoy being in a suit. It didn't give him any protection, besides it was too tight. At least he was allowed to wear his Kama. Only after being washed which he took offense.

"Are you sure you don't want to come? I'm sure the old man would let you in."

"I am certain, besides I did my part. I picked the gift."

"You decided which of the two to pick."

"Still upset that I did pick She-ra?" Chuckled Mario.

"No, I'm concerned that I haven't heard anything from MetroPlex."

"I always said never trust those damn AIs. They will make you clingy like your ex."

"Says the one who has more exes than a pirate map." Laughed Max. Mario fluttered his hand in a comedic and furious manner. "What do you think of Mr. Ozbin's story?"

"Not the strangest thing I heard, honestly. But I decided to decline. I don't want some god telling me what to do."

"Following your way?"

"It's not our fight Max, besides Maybe by not helping I'm actually helping."

"We'll discuss this another time." Said Max who got a ring on his Scroll.

"Misbehave Max, commit a few crimes." Said Mario Fondly.

"Same to you."

*The Shnee Manor*

Winter was wearing a navy blue and grey diamond pattern. It was too tight for her, but her parents and grandfather had insisted that she looked well for the party.She left her room with the dignity of wearing combat boots under the dress.

Outside of her door was her sister Weiss who was in her birthday dress. A white and sky blue gown with an icy crown. "How are you doing Winter?"

"A bit tight, but it's been a while since I had something like this on."

"Trying to impress a boy?" She teased.

Winter naturally denied it, but couldn't help but to laugh. Weiss was at that age when romance was everything. More so she was excited to be with her sister who hadn't seen Winter in almost a year. The two walked down, "what do you think you'll get for your birthday?"

"Honestly I just want an acceptance letter to Beacon Academy."

"Oh You'll get it in. Undoubtedly. Professor Ozbin is here and would be impressed when you slay that Grimm." Said her Grandfather Nicholas. The old man was wearing a black suit with bits of armors sown in. "Especially with this." The old man handed Weiss a rapier with a chamber just for dust.

"Thank you Grandfather!" She said with great enthusiasm she ran off to show her father and mother.

The two senior Schnees looked at each other as the girl ran down to show off her weapon.

"Winter, I wish to discuss the Captain that saved me."

"Captain Max? I do not know anything about him."

"That is the point. I wish to know more about him. So please be courteous toward him when he is at the table."

"You invited him to the party?" Said Winter, her tone sternly surprised.

"Of course he saved me and I wanted to thank him. I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Government work and the pressures of being the heir to the company. But I need you to relax and take the party as a way to get your mind off things."