Recovery and deals

The airship landed in the Military port, troops and medical personnel rushed to its side. Its battered and fatigued crew stepped out. Lieutenant Mario was the first to stepped out of the airship. His burnt hand was wrapped in a trench coat. He signaled medical personnel into the ship.

Winter Schnee watched as her grandfather was behind wield off. He hasn't had enough food or water in the week since his capture. He wasn't beaten but he was kept in a cell that was too small. Even if he recovered his now deteriorated health will change him. She then looked watched as another team as they quickly treated the Captain.

He wasn't breathing correctly once they evacuated; they had to used a oxygen tank to just to keep him alive. She wondered what would happen to him. She took a deep breath and greeted the General and professor Ozbin.

"What happened?!" Roared the General. "You we're supposed to be patrolling."

Winter was about to tell the General her intention to disobey orders and to rescues her grandfather. But was interrupted by Lieutenant Ezekiel. Who stumble forward; giving the General a proper salute. "My apologies, they simply respond to distress signal."

"And you are?" Asked the General already knowing the answer.

"Lieutenant Ezekiel Aguayo, US Mechanized corp." he said with military charm.

The General return the salute. "Tell me what happened?"

"I was rescued by...Beryl and Ivy. During my recovery the town was overrun by insurgents. I then created a radio and called for help."

The General raised a eye brown out of curiosity and saw the two Faunus being treated with trauma blanket.

"They saved you?"

"Yes sir."

"Give me a full report later the two of you. Dismissed." The General left pondering the new piece on the field. While Winter followed behind answering any questions he may have.

Professor Ozbin, walked up and introduced himself the Lieutenant.

"If ain't too much trouble, would mind stopping by my office?"

Ezekiel looked at the profesor then at the two Faunus then to Captain. He had the weight of responsibility on his shoulders. He was stumped on what to say or do. Until he heard the captains voice. It was faint and he couldn't hear it.

"See them.

The Lieutenant smiled and agreed to meet the professor but once he finished mending wounds. Ozbin nodded and followed behind the General, avoiding the traffic.

Lieutenant Ezekiel let out a deep breath and looked for the Captain. Who was wheeled off to sick bay or emergency surgery. He then looked at Lieutenant Mario who smiled at Ezekiel and held up his bandages hand. Jokingly waving it.

The Lieutenants laughed for a bit, before arriving at the foot of the Airship. He stood over Beryl and Ivy.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked.

Beryl didn't say anything; while Ivy ran to Ezekiel hugging his leg. The Lieutenant held her tightly unsure of what might happen next. He sat down next to Beryl who looked away from him.

"I'm sorry this all happened."  His voice was rough. "I promised that I will keep you two save, but we destroyed your home and put you in danger. I understand if you two don't want to speak to me or go your own way."

"I am scared." Muttered Beryl, "How do you do it?

Ezekiel looked at Ivy having gnawing feeling that their conversation would be the one he thinks it would be. Asked Ivy to help Lieutenant Mario. She tearfully let go of Ezekiel's leg and went to Mario. Who looked confused but had a feeling that it would be best to leave then alone.