Pawn takes knight, check

Max was dressed in what could essentially in a mundane uniform. Much to his dismay, preferring to be either in his armor or in something more casual. He looked similar to a Atlasean officer from afar, there was some distinct differences. It wasn't white but was more of a olive grey. Mario was in his gym clothes, too comfortable to wear anything else.

Both men were walking down the hallway of the Academy. Students in their grey and white uniforms walked pass them. Avoiding them and whispering behind their backs. They have been the talk of the academy for the pass week after news the Ace ops's brutal sparring match spread to the lower ranks.

"Going to talk to Ozbin wearing that?" Asked the Captain.

"Of course it's not like we are going anywhere any time soon."

"Fair enough, I'll message you if I get any leases to Ezekiel. That way you can ask the General for permission to bring him back."

"No problem, I am thinking we should eat some pizza and watch a old movie. Once we have Izzy back."

"I'll pay, but I'm not sure they deliver to the academy."

"These people are try hards. Their last war was almost 200 years ago."

"That the thing they probably forgot hit was to fight humans." Said Max before leaving for his destination.

Mario walked up a flight of stairs and toward the staff rooms. Where the head master would be; each step felt heavier than the last. Mario always hated the idea of a higher power controlling his destiny. It made him feel like a cog in the greater machine. But he had a feeling way deep down that if he wanted peace of mind and soul. For himself and for the two friends he had. He would do something he thought he would never do.

He arrived at the head master's temporary quarters. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Said a friendly voice.

"It's me Mario." He said calmly.

"Please step right in. What is it you wish to discuss with me?"

"What would like me to do?"

—Captain Max—

The Captain arrived at the loading station where he ordered a taxi to take him toward the dockyard. The Metroplex had informed it about. According to the documents and reports that the AI had provided a ship involved in a incident in a small town named Pike town would be arriving to drop off some fish today.

The descriptions that he read sound similar to Izzy to pass up. Considering that Mario was no where near Max's crash site might explain a thing or two. The taxi arrived and parked in front of Max who immediately stepped on.

"Hold the taxi!" Yelled a man who running toward them in a coffee trench coat.

"Wattz? Going out of the academy too?"

"Indeed, to the Harbor. I have a see a man about a horse."

Max chuckled at the saying, but he was a bit concern about the coincidence.

"Where are you going?" Said scientist who applied wax to his mustache.

"I am going to the fishery." He lied "I wanted to get something to make a native dish."

"Not too far from where I am going. Perhaps we can split the bill." Joked the man. But Max didn't laugh. Something was of but Max couldn't put his finger on it.

The Taxi drove off as the two men sat next to each other not saying a thing to each other. For the majority of the drive. There wasn't much to say, their was a relationship based on blackmail and Max had no interest in keeping tabs on someone he didn't need or want to talk too. Watts must have felt the same as he didn't say anything through the ride.