Survior

Watts yawn out of boredom, the flight was three hours long. His escort consisted of a turtle faunus named Tortuga, Harriet and the new member of the Ace-ops a dog boy named Marrow. The three only talked about work and their recent mission to the tundra. Watts had no interests in those conversation. Besides he was in the most of his own conversation with his patron.

Not Ironwood, Max or even that interesting piece of hardware. He was simply communicating with a person simply calling himself  "T".

Watts had done enough back alley-deals to know that T was simply a middleman to a larger unseen force. But is T was correct there might be some room for some recognition in his union. Something that has been evading ever since Ironwood had put his full support on Pietro's project. Despite its constant failures, the project had gotten the attention of the council.  Watts saw Pietro as a kid playing with a lump of clay. While he was always making a mosaic, small meticulous work with a legendary payoff at the end.

With Max's knowledge, the AI's tech wizardry and this new piece of technology. He would probably have enough  resources to create a superior weapon. Do he didn't care who used it as long as he got the full credit. As he fantasize about what he could create he was unaware of them landing. Until he got pulled out by Tortuga who was eager to get into the snow. The snow melted on his shelly back.

"We are here Watts where are we supposed to go?" He said with a fun smile.

Watts looked into his scroll and pointed toward the edge of the mountain. They four of them marched up the trail into the treacherous mountain. As they hiked Watts began to process the strangeness of the coordinates. Max's crash was in the other side of the kingdoms more than 500 miles away. Then again they where only able to find about three fourths of the plane. Perhaps the point of entry was different.

"Harriet you need to see this?" Yelled Tortuga. Harriet ran up to the front of the column with her super speed. She looked over Tortuga who had his hand over some footprints over the snow.

"It just one person, but he seems to be running away from something."

"Or towards it." Said Marrow.

"Preposterous, no one else should be here." Added a Watts who passed them and looked at his scroll.

"Maybe, it would help if you told us what we are looking for?" Sighed Harriet.

"A large piece of technology. From that blustered war torn world Max comes from. It's difficult to miss!" Vented Watts as the signal began to indicate that it was under them.

Watts was about to throw his scroll off the cliff when he got a message from T. Telling him to get out of the way. It was at that moment when the ground shook up. The snow and rocks began to shake violently. As a large cylindrical claw broke through the snow over. It's four rectangular fingers wrapping itself around Harriet. Tortuga acting quickly activated his semblance. A green aura shield surrounded Harriet. The robotic arm could not harm Harriet no matter how hard it has squeezed.

"Contact!" Yelled Marrow who shot at the arm. The bullet ricocheting off the arms and near by rocks.

Watts hide himself as the rest of the machine revealed itself. It had a pear shaped chassis with snow white armor plating. Along its legs and a turtle like torso with a Grimm face covering what it presumably the machine's own face. It's right arm arm was a long rotary cannon. Altogether it stood at 4 meters of grade A military armor and hardware.

"It's a geist!" Yelled Harriet who was able to free herself from its cold grip.

The machine/Grimm hybrid posed itself for an attack. It's rotary cannon began to spin. Tortuga placed himself between the machine and his squad. A wall of aura appeared. The wall cracked as bullets the size of arms exploded along the shield. Each second hit began to crash the shield. Tortuga began to sweat and feel the weight of the force on his back.

Watts peaked over his cover and saw the machine standing triumphantly as it blasted at Atlas's elite. Who cowered behind rocks and began to defiantly shot at the machine. Watts began to record the war machine as it stopped firing and rushed the shield. Moving with such force and speed despite its size. It crashes through the shield almost steeping on Tortuga. Harriet ran toward the towering monstrosity hopping to punch the geist out of its body.

As she jumped the grimm twisted its body hitting Harriet in the stomach with the red hot barrel. If it wasn't for her now dwindling aura, the barrel would have cooked her. The force of the impact send her flying over to edge of the cliff. She struggled to hold herself, grasping at anything she could get her hands on.

Then she felt someone's hand. It wasn't warm it was oddly hard and cold. With a firm grip she lifted herself into safety with the help of the stranger. She looked up and at first she thought she was looking at Max. Their armor was the same except he didn't have that butt cape Max pride himself with. The stranger had green armor and no helmet. Showing his long raggedy brown hair that was held back by a red torn bandanna.

"Stay here I'll got this." He said as he rushed with a long rifle with a round box to the side.

Harriet blushed at the sight of the muscular man running like some action hero. She saw as he called at the grimm's attention and ignoring the onslaught of bullets. He threw himself down and opened fire from his rifle. Series of red lasers flew out of it like a machine gun. The bolts of ionized particles scorched the machine's face. The Grimm blocked the incoming volley with its cannon arm.

The man held his position even as the heat of his weapon began to melt the snow. A lucky or a well timed bolt caused one of the chamber bullets to explode. Destroying the right arm. The grimm left the body and was assaulted by Marrow. Ending the chaotic encounter.

There was a pause as no one was sure what to do. No one was sure who they can trust and most likely they where tired after the battle.

Watts smiled at his scroll. He had sufficient data from the video to press on his newest project. Satisfied with the venture and still with enough strength spoke first.

"Thank you sir. We were looking for that thing for hours."

The man lifted his weapon pointing at Watts who was unfazed by the threatening gesture. "Why would you want with a dreadnaught?" His voice was scratched.

"Oh put that down. Your captain, Max sent us to retrieve it."

The man held his weapon up, but still had his finger on the trigger. Ready to unleash another salvo at a moments notice.

"Max is alive? How?"

"We found him and saved him. He works for us now. I  can call him right now." Said Watts waving him toward him. The man walked toward as the Ace-ops collect themselves.

"What is it Watts?" Said Max's his voice coming from the scientist's scroll.

"This is Mario, what is your location?"

"Mario! Your alive. I'm in the city. Apparently we are..."

"In another world. I figure as much when some monsters attacked me. We have much to talk about captain."

"In deed I'll wait for you in the debriefing room."

"Wait, I'm a what?"

There was pause, Max was recalling any thing regarding that question before chanting. "I'm a tank, I'm a tank."

Mario threw his blaster over his shoulder and looked at the dreadnaught. It's arm was mangled and it's body was damaged. He looked at it with some fear thinking of other things bigger than himself.

Then he followed his new companions down the mountain.

"My name is Harriet thanks for saving me."

"Mario, it's no problem. Troopers have to stick together."

"Interesting, you have silver eyes." Said Harriet who immediately looked away knowing that she probably violated some other worldly custom.

Mario stopped and put a finger by his eye. "No they are brown."