Darking curtains

Watts curled his mustache with a kiddish excitement. His project had significant progress with the otherworldly help from his friend. No longer was his latest creating stuck on a blue print but slowly forming in front of him.

"Perhaps cimera spider would be a better name for it." He said to himself. His secret workshop went dark as the energy demand was too much. Then it began to glow red as the hardware around his project went online.

The large cannon glowed for two whole minutes before going dark and allowing the lair to have full power.

"Excellent, the ion cannon is almost ready to be used." He thought to himself before picking up a spare ammunition canister. "How to make you bigger?"

He thought about using the dreadnaught's auto cannon for a brief moment. But it was disgusting primitive to him. Dust and ions was the future of warfare in his opinion. Perhaps that was the solution. But before he could build on the momentum his scroll began to vibrate.

"What now!" He snarl said pulling it out. His train of thought now ruined. "This better be imp... ah yes." His tone changing.

"How is the development of your project?" Said a calm collective feminine voice.

"Very well I just a little more time."

"Time is something I have of plenty. I can afford a brief pause on your newest...toy."

"Very well what do you require of me." Asked Watts who kneeled while holding his scroll aloft.

"Tell me is Ozbin still there?"

"Yes he won't leave until the end of the week. He failed to recruit any of the newly arrived men to his side."

"A smarter group of cattle than the usual he recruits. It is only fair that we try to recruit them."

"How will we do so. They are contempt here in Atlas."

"Do not worry about the details. They will serve me in one way or another."

"Very well my queen."

"Prepare to meet Tyrion in the following days. He will be bringing in front men to get the attention of the huntsmen."

The call ended as leaving Watts to continue in his machinations for a bit longer.

— Port Pike—
Ezekiel was standing in front of his home with the door behind him being closed. In front of him was Beryl, Tur, little Ivy and a stranger. They were all in their white fangs uniformes with the exemption of little Ivy for obvious reasons.

"Thanks for taking care of Ivy." Said Beryl.

"It is no problem. As long as you keep me and her out of your cause."

The Faunus looked at each other for a moment before attempting to recruit him one last time. Naturally Izzy refused them, before opening the door for Ivy to enter. Tur walked away leaving only Beryl, Izzy and the scorpion Faunus who was a bit too excited.

"Please make sure to keep her warm at all times. There is medicine in her bag. She take one before sleeping and two in the morning." Said Beryl with a motherly worry.

"I'll remember. Take care of yourself..."

The scorpion man pushed in, "come on now. The clock is ticking. We mustn't keep our lady waiting too long."