Metroplex no more

The AI rebooted in the medical bay; in the corner of the room overlooking the captain's bed. For the past week he had sedated. He had resisted sleep, struggled to keep Metroplex out of his head and come to terms to his current circumstances. The man was a danger to himself as well as anyone who stepped into the room.

The AI looked at the Captain, it was already programmed to see his vitals at any given time. So long as they were a reasonable distance from each other. To the machine it was like a feeling;

Captain Maximilian Armenta...vitals... stables.

The AI walked over to the Captain, who began to rock and shake out of discomfort. Metroplex would have performed a deeper analysis of what was wrong, like it's programming allowed it. But the Captain had forbidden that.

Metroplex scanned the Captain and began to run self analysis while the data was being collected and processed. As per its programming.

System check...body integrity......83% optimal://: acceptable range. Error within motor abilities....estimated rate of deterioration...4 weeks:: recommend immediate replacement.

Interior analysis: memory core; 73% unused....
Synaptic...up to date
Vocabulary... up to date
Neuron regeneration... average
Performance... up to date.

Error://: unprocessed file detected...

Metroplex was aware of the recurring file; it had posted integrating the file. Unsure of where it was from and how it had gotten into its systems. His programming indicated that it should have deleted the file. Yet it found itself unable to or unwilling to do so.

The AI's logic was now set, if it wasn't able to delete the file the only option to do was to integrate the file.

Opening file Penny...... repairing files......warning
Installing file would result in the lost of information...proceed...file repaired.
Password required: Vector Sigma...Password accepted.
Downloading.........Downloading complete.

Metroplex rebooted, by the side of the captain's bed. The Captain's vitals were still normal with a small spikes of irregularities. The AI looked around studied the environment not for some analytical reasons or need to fulfill some subroutine. But with a child like curiosity.

The AI looked at the nearest mirror and was shocked to see the soulless feature of his/her face. It's head had a small twitch that send a small spark out. The AI looked into its files.

Appearance...not found.
Model...Harvard model dragon's teeth. Designation 1746281.
Primary function: military service...

Metroplex stopped itself from exploring any further. Perhaps there was another person that could answer its questions.

The AI cautiously walked away from the Captain so not to disturbed him. Steeping outside waiting for the door to close behind it. The AI raised his hand to it's waist and began to walk. Using the academy's security system to find the Lieutenants.

As the AI walked through the cramped always; it greeted everyone it came across. By name no less: which got a concerning look from a few students and staffers.

"Salutations corporal Reed!"

"Greeting Officer O'rally!"

Each person it had encountered either diverted their eyes, walked the opposite direction, refused to return or awkwardly return the greeting. The scars from the last assault was still to fresh.

The AI pressed on unaware of the glares and fear of those behind it. Soon the AI arrived at its destination. The living quarters; the AI changed its vision with a quick blink of its hypothetical eyes. The world around it was termal and it was able to identify two clear humanoid shapes. Metroplex attempted to access the audio from the room to check but was unable to hear it.