Chapter 29 - Road Trip! (Unedited)

A/N: I'm quite happy with how this chapter turned out, so hope you guys enjoy it too! Will be editing it at some point so it might be a little rough at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colby's POV

"You got everything, guys?" Sam asked me as I put my last rucksack into the trunk of my car. He and Kat had insisted on seeing Y/N and I off for our camping trip this morning, which was sweet but I also believed they had an ulterior motive behind it. I guessed that they were just ecstatic and intrigued by the prospect of me getting a girlfriend.

"Yeah, I think so. We've just got to stop somewhere to get some food." I told him as I shut the lid to the trunk.

"When will you be back again?" Sam then questioned.

"Tuesday." I replied.

"Alright, have fun kids." He instructed lightly.

"But not too much!" Kat cut with a laugh, and I chose to ignore the high-browed look she gave Y/N who was standing by the passenger side door.

"Thanks dad, and we won't mom!" I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"See ya later bro." Sam reached out a hand which I grasped and he brought me into a bro hug. I returned the hug by clapping him on the back gently.

"See you." I responded quietly into his ear. Pulling away, I patted Sam on the shoulder before turning to Y/N.

"You ready?" I directed the question towards her as I moved to get into the driver's seat.

"Yeah, let's go! Bye guys!" She exclaimed energetically, giving Sam and Kat a small wave.

"Bye!" The couple replied in unison.

Climbing into the car, I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I unlocked it and opened my internet browser before holding it out to Y/N. "Here, do you want to see where we're going?"

"Oh, yeah!" She answered excitedly, taking the phone from me carefully. We gave Sam and Kat one last wave as I drove passed them out of the parking garage.

"They have a lake? That's cool! We'll have to go kayaking." Y/N stated as I pulled out onto the street.

"For sure!" I agreed. "I just hope it's not like Camp Crystal Lake!" I joked, looking across to see Y/N's reaction.

She frowned, and looked up at me from my phone. "Where?" She asked in confusion.

"You know... From Friday the 13th." I clarified, laughing when her mouth dropped open a little.

"Why would you say that?!" She almost shrieked, voice wavering.

A distant memory then came to mind, one that I hadn't thought of in almost ten years.

"Hey, remember when my brother snuck us in to see the remake when we were like... What 13?"

"Oh my god... I remember having to sleep in my little sister's room for days because I had fucking nightmares!" She cringed.

"Same... My mom went ape at Gage when he told her why I was crying when we got home..." I visibly recoiled as I recalled my mom yelling at my brother while my 13 year old self sat shivering and basically traumatised on the sofa in our living room. My mom was one of the softest person I knew, and it took her a lot to anger her so that afternoon was definitely a memorable one.

"Those were good times though..." Y/N smiled.

"Yeah they were." I nodded my head with a grin.

And they were, because those were the days when we saw each other almost every day and spent our entire weekends together. My parents always used to let her stay over on Fridays and Saturdays, so there were often times that we'd spend 48 hours straight together. However, the movie incident was also one of the last times that she and I had hung out before she suddenly stopped speaking to me. Although I now know that her parents had told her that we couldn't be friends anymore, I had thought for a long time that she probably felt that I had abandoned her for Sam.