Chapter 20 - Pizza Night Part 2

A/N: This continues directly on from the last chapter, so I suggest reading them together so it makes more sense! :)

_________________________________________________________________________

Colby's POV

"What was that about?" Sam whispered to me quietly as soon as we stepped away from the others.

"I don't know, man. Aryia was hitting on her..." I trailed off, bristling once again as I remembered the suggestive comment that Aryia had made to her.

"Don't let some girl get between you and one of your closest friends, Colby." Sam tried to reason, and I affixed him with a stern look.

"She's more than just some girl, Sam." I told him honestly, and his face softened slightly.

"You know she's not your girlfriend, right?" He reminded me cautiously, before continuing "But if she really means that much to you why don't you just ask her out, man?" He questioned.

"Because we're friends, and I don't want to mess that up. Plus she doesn't even like me in that way." I responded, inwardly cringing at how miserable I sounded.

"She does like you, Colby." Sam sighed.

"And how do you know that?" I asked him, feeling conflicted because I usually trusted Sam's judgement about things, but he was wrong on this one.

"Because she smiles at you the same way you smile at her." Sam explained with a soft smile.

"What? No she doesn't!" I hissed lowly.

"Yeah, she does dude!" He argued back adamantly.

My eyes drifted over to her, and I grinned when I saw her laughing at something that Corey was doing. "She does?" I contemplated to myself.

"I think the main problem is that neither of you know where you stand with each other, but one of you has got to make the first move at some point. Remember she's going to be back in Kansas before you know it, dude. It's completely up to you, brother, but nothing's going to happen if you don't take that chance." I glared at him for using my slogan against me, and he smiled knowingly.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks man." I sighed, clapping him appreciatively on the shoulder as I walked passed him, heading over to the couch. As I approached I caught the start of a conversation between Corey and Y/N.

"Have you had dance lessons before, Y/N?" He asked her.

"No, why?" She responded.

"You haven't? You're really good!" Corey advised.

"I am? Thanks!" She smiled shyly at his words. Kat smirked when she saw me coming closer.

"Maybe you can teach Colby because he dances like he's got two left feet!" She commented jokingly, loud enough so she knew I'd hear.

"Hey, I heard that!" I whined.

"I'd say it's more like old dad dancing." Devyn giggled, making the others laugh.

"Thanks guys." I chuckled whilst going over to plop down on the sofa, Y/N came up behind me and sat down next to me. I was glad when my friends seemed to back off a little, letting us have a moment alone.

"Have you had fun in L.A so far?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I love hanging out with you guys. I know it's only been a few days, but I'm not missing home at all." She explained, and I nodded.

"I get what you mean. Sam and I had a lot of worries about coming out here and away from family, but after a couple of weeks I think we started to realise that we'd made the right decision. There's so much more out here in so many different ways. For me personally it was the freedom that really helped me."