Chapter 5 - Lake-side Fun

You woke to the sound of your phone ringing, and you quickly glanced at your clock before picking up your phone. You rubbed at your eyes as you looked at your phone screen, noticing it was Colby calling.

"Hey Colby!" You said sleepily as you answered the call.

"Hey Y/N! Sorry if I woke you... Again!" He replied with a laugh.

"It's okay, I should get up soon anyway."

"Well, my friends want to go to that lake today, if you're still down?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course, what time are you thinking?"

"We're almost ready to leave, but we'll stop and get some supplies. Pick you up in about an hour?"

"Okay!"

"What drinks do you like? I'll get you some."

"Ummm... I'll be fine with whatever you guys are having."

"Okay, well see you soon!"

You said bye and hung up, before rushing to get ready.

__________________________________________________

An hour later...

You were putting your hair up when you received a text from Colby saying that they were outside.

Quickly saying goodbye to your sister, before grabbing your bag and running downstairs.

Colby was waiting outside a car with its door open. As you approached you could hear talking and laughing coming from inside the car.

"Hey!" You said to Colby as you walked up to him.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked as he hugged you briefly.

"Good! You?"

"I'm doing great. Here hop in." You climbed into the car, saying hi to Sam who was in the driver's seat. Colby followed and settled next to you.

"Everyone, this is Y/N. Y/N, you know Kat, Sam's girlfriend, and this is Kevin and Corey. The others are in the car behind us." Colby explained as he introduced you to the two guys sitting in the back. You felt the car move off.

"Hi Y/N, nice to meet you! Call me Sugar K.. Or dad!" Kevin said, and the others groaned whilst laughing.

"What?! You all call me dad!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Don't call him either, Y/N! Don't give him the satisfaction!" Colby said, before turning to Kevin "why are you still trying to make Sugar K a thing?" He asked jokingly.

"It is a thing! People call me Sugar K all the time!"

"Which people?" Colby asked.

"Well, there's me and uuuhhh... me!" Kevin replied with a laugh.

"You just got exposed, brother!" Corey said with a big grin and everyone laughed. You looked at Colby, confused. Colby caught you looking at him.

"Exposed is a series of YouTube videos that Kevin did, exposing all his friends." Colby explained.

"How long have you guys known each other?" You asked them.

"Well, me and Sam met Corey pretty quickly after we moved to L.A., and then we lived together for two years."

"R.I.P trap house!" Corey exclaimed from the back.

"Trap house..?" You asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, it was the name of the house." Sam replied.