Chapter 36 - Written in the Stars (Unedited)

A/N: This chapter is a little bit rushed as I wanted to get it out before I start my new job on Monday! D: But this is an important one so don't miss it! :)

I don't know how often I'll be able to update this after today, but I will try to get a new chapter up at least once a month!

Hope you enjoy! <3

____________________________________

Colby's POV

I took another zip of my White Claw as I dug my hand into the bag of leftover marshmallows. We had taken a long nap after getting back from our hike earlier today, but had woken up feeling revitalised and ready to enjoy our last night at the campsite. Tomorrow me was going to hate it, but I was determined to finish off the White Claws tonight so I didn't have to lug them home, however at least Y/N had been helping me get through them.

It was safe to say that we were both way passed just White Claw wasted, and were teetering on the edge of being very drunk.

"Hey, are you going to share those?" Looking up at the question, I saw Y/N walking unsteadily towards me from where she had gone to retrieve a hoodie from the tent.

"Nope..." I said, not caring that there was still food in my mouth.

"Colby, gross!" Y/N exclaimed, her nose wrinkling in disgust.

"What is?" I asked innocently.

"You are!" She bit back teasingly.

"Rude!" I gasped as she strutted over to where I was standing.

"Come on, hand them over!" She demanded playfully, her hand going for the bag in mine.

"No!" I argued back, lifting the bag up over my head so she couldn't get it.

"Cole Robert Brock!" She whined, reaching for the bag.

"Don't call me that! You sound like my mom!" I chuckled.

"Then share asshole!" She ordered.

"Say please!" I teased.

"No!" She yelled seriously before bursting out into giggles. She reached for the bag again but ended up stumbling into me, knocking me off balance. I tried to take a step back to steady myself, however my foot caught on something and we both went down hard together. The marshmallows went flying as we landed on the ground, and I let out an 'oomff' when Y/N crashed down on top of me and forced whatever I had tripped over to lodge itself painfully into my back.

"Ow fuck..." I yelped out as I felt an elbow to the ribs and a knee to the balls.

"Are you okay?!" Y/N asked panicked as she tried to hastily lift herself off of me.

"I think you've busted one of my nuts!" I moaned, over exaggerating.

"Oh my god! Really?!" She questioned, her eyes widening in concern from where she hovered over me having already climbed to her feet.

"No, I was just kidding..." I laughed. "You've definitely broken one of my ribs though!" I groaned when my side twitched in pain as I sat up.

"Well that's what you get for not sharing!" She stated, extending a hand down to me. Grasping it gently, I helped her as she tried to pull me up so I was standing.

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked again once I was settled on my feet.

"I'm fine Y/N." I reassured her.

"Well our poor chair isn't!" She told me, pointing at the floor. Glancing down, I saw the crumbled remains of one of the foldable chairs in the dirt. One of the legs was bent out of shape and the material had ripped on the seat part, and I knew that it wasn't salvageable.