Chapter 34 - Spiders and S'mores (Unedited)

A/N: Ayyy who would've thought that I would be back so quickly with another chapter? :D A shorter chapter today (for me anyway!) because I don't know how much I'll be able to write in the near future so I'm trying to get some chapters out pretty quickly! :)

___________________________________

Reader's POV

I was awoken by something jostling my body slightly. Blinking my eyes open, I noticed that the warmth that was on chest when I had fallen asleep was gone.

"Colby?" I asked sleepily, lifting my head I found Colby sitting on the edge of the mattress and putting on a hoodie. He turned and gave me a small smile when he heard me saying his name.

"Sorry, I'm just going to take a leak. Go back to sleep if you want." He explained quietly.

"What time is it?" I asked in response.

"Uhh..." Colby hummed, digging out his phone from his pocket. Checking the screen, he answered. "Six thirty."

"We should make something to eat." I sighed. I felt so warm and cosy where I was, and didn't want to move. However, we had been on the go all day so it was important that we got some food in us.

"Yeah, true." Colby agreed. He leant over and picked up his ruck sack, when he gasped loudly. "Ew! EW! What the fuck is that?!" He exclaimed, pointing at something done the side of the airbed.

Sitting up quickly, I froze in fear when I saw what he was freaking out about. Scurrying around the side of the tent was a large spider.

"Colby, get it out! GET IT OUT!" I shrieked, scooting back after from the spider.

"ME?!" Colby cried, he moved his head to face me but I kept my eyes locked on the creature crawling around our tent so we didn't lose it. "NO, YOU GET IT!" He argued.

"JUST FLICK IT OUTSIDE!" I shouted in panic.

Colby reached for my sneaker, and I knew he was going to use it to get the spider out.

"DON'T YOU DARE USE MY SHOE!" I yelped, scrambling to find something else for him to use. Grabbing one of the pieces of paper that the lady at the entrance to the campsite had given us, I practically threw it at Colby. "HERE! HERE!"

Colby took a quick inhale of air to calm down, before using the paper to scoop up the spider and fling it outside into the open part of the tent. I just hoped that the tiny beast would find its way back into the wilderness rather than into any of our food bags out there.

When Colby faced me again, there was a wide grin on his face.

"Still deathly afraid of spiders I see..." He teased.

"You were screaming more than I was!" I quipped back.

"What?! No I wasn't!" Colby denied.

"Yes you were!" I insisted, punching him in the arm lightly.

"Geez! Aggressive much?!" He whined dramatically.

Reaching forward to hit him again, he stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Hey!" I yelped, and much like we had on the raft earlier today we began to play wrestle against each other. I managed to hold my own against Colby's larger form until he used his strength to pin me down underneath him, his hands holding mine against the blankets below me. I relaxed as I mentally admitted defeat.

"Do you give up?" Colby breathed from above me, his tone taunting but playful.

"Yes! Now get off me asshole!" I shot back.