Chapter 3 - Pizza Date Part 2.

You and Colby spent the majority of the drive into town listening and singing along to music.

You were surprised how quickly you felt comfortable around Colby, how easy it was to fall back into the close friendship that you once had with him.

"Where should we park?" Colby asked you as he reached across to turn the music down a little so he could hear you.

"It might be best to park down here and walk up to the pizza place, it's only like 2 streets away from here." You suggested.

"Alright, sounds good!" Colby replied as he pulled into the next available place.

You both hoped out of the car, and started walking down to the street.

"So when was the last time you were in Kansas?" You asked him.

"Uhh... Me, Sam and another friend of ours were here last month, but that was just for filming really so we only spent a few days here."

"What were you filming for? Sorry, I don't actually know what you and Sam do now." You added nervously.

"Nah, that's okay!" Colby reassured you with a smile. "Sam and I are YouTubers, we've started doing paranormal videos on our duo channel this year, but we also do random videos on our own channels." He explained.

"Oh cool! So you believe in the paranormal then I take it?"

"Honestly we were pretty sceptical in the beginning, but recently we've had some pretty weird experiences... And now I think we're haunted!" He said with a laugh.

"Dude! You've got to take that shit seriously, you don't want demons attached to you!" You exclaimed only half serious, which made Colby laugh even more.

"It's okay, I think we sorted it." He said "that's why we came to Kansas last month. You remember that old abandoned factory that I used to go to with Sam and my brother when we were kids? I don't know if I ever told you about it."

"Yeah, I came with you once! But then my parents found out and threatened to ground me if I ever went again!" You explained with a groan. "Why, what about it?" You asked.

"We figured out that was the start of it all, Sam had even taken a locked box from there ages ago and forgot about it! We think a spirit was attached to it. Anyway, we went back out there with Nate and did a cleansing ritual."

"Really? Do you think it worked?"

"I think so, before that I had this... heavy feeling all the time, which has gone now! But I don't know... maybe it was more of a peace of mind thing." He replied honestly. You realised that you had reached the pizza place.

"Ah, here we are!" You said as pushed open the door, holding it for Colby. You chose a table towards the back of the restaurant.

"Is here okay?" You asked Colby.

"Yeah!" He replied as he sat down and pulled the menus from their holder, passing one to you.

You thanked him. "So where's the creepiest place you've been for your videos?"

"Hmm.. It depends, paranormal wise it's The Stanley Hotel. We used to explore abandoned places before we got into the paranormal, so overall those places were more terrifying."

"Oh cool! What made you change?"

"Ah..." Colby laughed nervously. "Well most of those videos meant that we had to sneak into places trespassing basically. We were finally caught at the beginning of this year..."

"No way! You were arrested?"

"Yeah... I mean it was going to happen eventually. It was kind of a good thing though because it forced me and Sam to change, and now we're making content that we've wanted to for a long time."