Chapter 11 - The Beach Part 1.

It was the sound of a door opening and closing that woke you. Blinking tiredly around the room, you were momentarily confused at the unfamiliar features, before remembering that you had flown out to L.A. yesterday. You searched around for your phone, finding it on the bedside table. You saw that you had missed a phone call from your mom, and had a message from your best friend in Kansas, Sarah.

'Hey! You didn't message me back yesterday! Please let me know that you're alive at least!'

Rolling your eyes at her message with a smile, she's always been over-dramatic, but it was one of the reasons you loved her. She was the chaos to your calm personality. You messaged her back telling her that you had made it safe to L.A., and that you'd call her later.

'Have you made your move on emo cutie yet?' was her reply, which almost made you regret ever telling her about how close you and Colby had become back in Kansas, because ever since she had been insisting that you had a crush on Colby. In all honesty you didn't know how you felt about Colby, nor how he felt about you. There was that moment back on that hill in Kansas, which you definitely hadn't told Sarah about, but you had put that down to a spur of the moment type thing.

'No! And his name is Colby!' You messaged back.

'Aw. ): I know you're hopeless with boys, but if you haven't at least kissed him by the end of these three weeks I'm going to be so disappointed!'

'Well I guess you're going to be disappointed then, because we're just friends!' You typed back.

'Sure...'

'Shut up! I'm being serious. I gotta go, but I'll call you later.' You replied.

'Go get him girl!' You groaned at the message, although you often admired her relentlessness, you were too tired to deal with it that morning.

You decided not to message her back again, briefly grimacing at the fact that you were going to get shit for it from her later, but she would have to deal with it.

Climbing out the bed, you walked over to the door and opened it slowly as you weren't sure if Colby would still be asleep.

However, as soon as you turned the corner you saw Colby sitting on the couch looking at his phone, very much awake.

"Morning!" You greeted, and he snapped in eyes up to look at you.

"Good morning! I was just about to come see if you were awake. Did you sleep well?" He asked as you walked over to join him on the sofa.

"Yeah, thanks." You replied simply.

"Do you want breakfast? I can order something on Postmates."

"Yeah, sounds good. What are you thinking?"

"It's up to you, I know I few good bakeries around here if you want something like that. Here... Have a look through." He said as he passed you his phone.

"Thanks." You took the device and started to look through the website.

"Is that my hoodie?" He questioned, and you glanced up, meeting his eyes for a second before looking down at the blue hoodie you were wearing, realising that it was in fact his.

"Yeah! It's the one you gave me in Kansas. I bought it in case you wanted it back." You explained, although hoped that he would let you keep it as it had quickly became your favourite hoodie with it being so comfortable.

"Nah, you keep it. I can get my merch whenever I want. It suits you anyway." He complimented you.

"Thank you! I must say it's very comfy." You smiled as you snuggled down into the warmth of the piece of clothing.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I wear it all the time back home." You explained, and he smiled back at you.

"So, what looks good?" He asked, pointing at his phone.

"Oh.. Yeah. What about this place?" You questioned, showing him the screen.

"It's good there, I order from there all the time." He said.

Giving the phone back to him.

"What do you want?" You rattled of your order to him, leaning over to direct him to what you wanted.

"Are we still going to the beach today?" You asked.

"Yeah, Sam text me this morning. He said we'll go whenever we're all ready." He replied.

"Okay. I'll go get ready while we're waiting for our breakfast to get here." You said as you stood.

"Yeah, good idea!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later...

"How was your food?" Colby asked you as he finished his breakfast.

"Really good, actually. What about yours?"

"Yeah, mine was nice." He replied, before continuing "are you ready to leave? Sam will be waiting for us."

"Yeah, I'm ready if you are." You explained.

"Alright, I'll text Sam and tell him to come over."

"Yeah, sounds good."

A few minutes later there were knocks on the door before it was opened and pushed open to reveal Sam and Kat.

"Hey!" You said to them.

"Hi!" They both greeted you back.

"What's up, guys?" Colby's voice came as he walked back into the main living area from the bathroom.

"Hi Colby!" Kat said enthusiastically.

"Hey bro. You guys ready?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." You answered as you stood from the couch, picking up your bag as you went.

You followed the three to the lift which took you down to the garage, speaking to Kat as Sam and Colby talked about their YouTube channels.

"A Corolla, Colby?" You asked jokingly with a laugh as you stopped at the red car.

"Hey! Don't make fun of my baby!" Colby said, his voice almost a yell, but you could tell he wasn't really offended.

"Yeah! We've been making fun of this car for years, and it's still not made him get a better one!" Sam joined in, laughing as well.

"Shut the fuck up! Do you want me to drive or not?" Colby directed the question at Sam.

"You're the only one that can, brother!" Sam argued back, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Do you not have a car, Sam?" You asked Sam.

"Yeah! That Audi's mine." He pointed to the white car parked a few spaces down. "But it only has two seats."

"It's nice." You said as you admired the car.

"Thanks."

"I swear you only got that car so you never have to drive anywhere." Colby bickered from the driver's side of the car.

"What?! I drive just as much as you do!" Sam disagreed.

"When it's just the two of us, yeah. But not when we're with anyone else."

"Well..." Sam shrugged with a chuckle.

"I call shotgun!" You butted in, walking down to the passenger side door.

"Hey!" Sam whined.

"Sorry Sammy! You snooze, you lose!" You quipped back as you got into the car, turning around to grin triumphantly at Sam who laughed back.

Turning back to the front, you noticed Colby smiling brightly at you from the driver's seat.

"Here. Passenger gets the privilege of deciding on the music." He said as he handed you his phone.

"What?! You never let me choose the music!" Sam whined from the back.

"It's because your music taste sucks Sammy." Colby joked back, earning a kick in the back of his seat from Sam.

"Hey!" He yelled, while you and Kat watched the exchange giggling.