Chapter 22 - It's a jungle out there Part 2.

Y/N's POV

"Is there anything you want to do tonight?" Colby asked me as he set the mug he got from the zoo down on his kitchen counter.

"What are your friends doing?" I asked in return with a shrug.

"I don't know. I'll text Sam." Colby replied, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Okay." I said, before going over to Colby's bedroom to dump by bag. Setting it on the floor next to my suitcase, I stood up straight and smiled when I spotted a stuffed koala bear teddy on Colby's dresser. I looked down at the giraffe teddy in my hand before lifting it and putting it next to the koala.

I quickly used the bathroom before going back out to the lounge to join Colby.

"Sam and Jake are coming over." He told me, and I nodded.

"Can I grab a drink?"

"Yeah sure, help yourself!" He motioned over to his fridge, and I walked over as he disappeared into his bedroom after telling me that he was going to get changed.

Browsing through his fridge, I grabbed a can of coke from the bottom. As I closed the fridge door I heard movement in the hallway outside of Colby's apartment, followed by familiar voices.

"Dude, he's going to be so mad at me!" I frowned when I made out Jake's voice.

"Jake, Colby won't be mad." I grew more concerned at Sam's answer, wondering what's happened. Moving over to the front door, I pulled it open to reveal the two. Sam had his hand raised in a loose fist like he was going to knock.

"Hey Y/N." He smiled awkwardly as he let his hand fall back down to his side.

"Hi!" I greeted them, before turning to Jake. "What did you do, Jake?" I joked with a small giggle.

"Wha-?" He went to ask, looking befuddled.

"I heard you guys in the hall." I interrupted him, moving out of the way to let them in. However, the two only hovered in the kitchen area.

Sam and Jake shared a look, before the pink-haired boy turned back to me. "I need to talk to Colby." I was a little taken aback by the seriousness in his voice.

"Do you guys want some privacy?" I asked them.

"No... This kind of includes you too, Y/N." He sighed.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, growing even more confused.

"I-" He started, but was cut off by Colby who re-entered the room.

"Hey guys!" He called cheerily when he saw his friends.

"Hey Colby..." Jake responded quietly, and Colby immediately noticed the difference in the usually excitable, care-free guy too.

"What's wrong?" He queried, approaching us slowly.

"I posted a picture from Sam's pizza night this morning." Jake stated vaguely.

"Okay, and...?" Colby pushed.

"You and Y/N were sitting in the back of it... The fans are going crazy, Colby, haven't you seen it?" Jake answered carefully. I furrowed my brow as I tried to figure out why a picture would be such a big deal. Turning to Colby, I noticed that he had gone a little pale. I went to ask him if he was okay, but he started talking before I could.

"No, we've only just got back..." He explained, trailing off as he seemed to gulp in a breath. "...How bad is it?" He asked quietly.

"Pretty bad, man." Sam told him, looking between Colby and I with what I believed to be sympathy in his eyes which I didn't understand.