Chapter 6 - Lake-side Tumbles

So this story is definitely a slow burner! If you've come this far then I promise it's going to get more interesting in the next couple of chapters!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yo, should we get some wood to make a fire?" Sam asked as you, him, Colby and Kat returned to the group after getting changed out of your swimming costumes.

"I nominate Kevin and Mike!" Colby shouted his reply.

"What?! Why us?" Mike argued back.

"You two are the muscle-" Colby started before he was interrupted by Corey.

"NOSE GOES!" He shouted, putting a finger on his nose. You watched in confusion as everyone did the same.

"Looks like Y/N's getting the wood!" Jake stated with a laugh.

"Dude! That's not fair!" Colby argued in your defence.

"It's fine, we'll go!" You butted in, "come on boy scout!" You said to Colby.

"What?!" Colby exclaimed, pouting back at you.

"Boy scout!" Sam shouted with a laugh.

"You too, Sam!" You replied, causing the group to laugh.

"What?!" The blonde echoed his best friend.

"Raise your hands if you agree with Y/N!" Kevin interjected, raising a hand in the air, everyone apart from Sam and Colby doing to same.

You giggled as Colby turned to you, a frown on face as Sam mumbled a god dang it next to him.

"Fine!" Colby blew out a breath "but Imma get you back for this!" He said seriously, before a grin broke out on his face.

"Oh, I'm so scared Colby!" You replied sarcastically, making his friends laugh more.

"Come on guys, let's just get this over with!" Sam interrupted as he started towards the wooded area.

You and Colby followed him, bickering back and forth playfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corey's POV

You laughed as you watched Colby and Y/N arguing as they disappeared into the woods, before turning to the rest of the group.

"Man, I like her! She's feisty!" You said once you were sure the three were out ear-shot. The others hummed in agreement.

"Do you think Colby likes her... like, more than a friend?" Jake asked.

"Sam said Colby was talking about her non-stop after he came back yesterday!" Katrina replied.

"You serious?!" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah." Katrina nodded. "I mean, that's what Sam said anyway!"

"Do you think Colby will do anything though, I mean... We're going back to L.A. in what? Two days?" Jake then questioned.

"Aw man, it'll suck if he really likes her.." You commented, you knew when Colby falls in love, he falls hard and fast, and it might be hard for him to act on any feelings in the small amount of time before he went back to L.A.

There was an awkward silence, before Kevin decided to change the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

"Hey, do you want me to take some of those?" Colby asked as he watched you adjust the plie of sticks in your arms.