Chapter 33 - Conflicting Emotions (Unedited)

A/N: Please let me know if these chapters are getting too boring for y'all! There's going to be 2-3 more chapters of the camping saga, and then I have hopefully more interesting things planned for when they get back to L.A :D

Trigger Warnings: Talk of alcohol abuse.

__________________________________________

Reader's POV

"Colby!" I admonished as I stuck my ore in the water, trying to get our kayak to stop spinning around. Colby had started purposefully rowing the opposite way as me, making the kayak go round and around in circles.

"What?" He asked lightly from behind me, I heard amusement in his voice which confirmed that he was doing it to annoy me.

"We need to row the same way!" I yelled.

"Why? It's more fun this way!" He laughed, rowing faster so we spun quicker and quicker.

"Colby, stop! You're going to give me motion sickness!" I growled, my stomach already beginning to churn as I started to feel dizzy.

"Okay overdramatic!" Colby teased. In response I flicked my ore back, hopefully spending a tiny wave at him.

I guessed I was successful in getting him as the kayak rocked suddenly. "Rude!" He whined as we continued to go around in circles.

"Colby, don't make me turn around!" I threatened.

"Alright, alright..." He sighed, and after a minute the kayak finally stopped spinning.

"Okay, left first and then right!" I instructed, beginning to row again.

"Aye aye captain!" I couldn't but smile at the goofy cry, although I made sure not to give him the satisfaction of hearing me laugh.

"Just row dork!" I ordered as I rolled my eyes, earning a chuckle from the boy behind me.

It took us a while to get a hang of steering the kayak, but we were soon pretty far out on the massive lake.

"Should we stop on that dock over there?" Looking over my shoulder, I saw Colby pointing to what looked more like a manmade raft floating aimlessly ahead of us. It had a wooden platform built on top of four big blue barrels which I guessed was keeping it afloat.

"Yeah, let's do it!" I agreed. Paddling over, I grabbed onto the raft and pulled us closer so the kayak was lined up to the side of it.

"Here, I'll hold it for you." Colby stated. I thanked him before carefully climbing to my feet. I wobbled slightly as I tried to find my balance on the rocking kayak. Slowing lifting my foot I planted it firmly on the raft, before scrambling rather ungracefully onto the floating platform. Righting myself, I turned around and bent down so I could hold the kayak for Colby as he also climbed on.

"What do we do if the kayak floats away?" I asked himself as he settled next to me. Colby inspected our kayak for a moment, before his eyes seemed to light up with an idea.

"We can tie it with these." He answered, reaching down and grabbed at some rope that I hadn't realised was on the side of the boat. I moved into a sitting position while Colby secured the kayak.

"That was hard work!" Colby groaned, scooting over to sit next to me.

"It would've been easier had someone not purposefully rowed the wrong way!" I chastised jokingly.

"Good point." Colby responded with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colby's POV