Chapter 8 - Invitation

Only a short chapter this time to set up for what's to come in the next one! :)

____________________________

You stood up only to find yourself wobbling a bit as the alcohol seemed to go straight to your head. You hadn't really drank alcohol since you had broken up with your ex-boyfriend, and that was two years ago.

"Woah.." You giggled as you watched the ground spin underneath you.

"Hey." You heard as an arm snaked around your waist, steadying you as you swayed from side to side.

"Y/N, you okay?" Colby asked, and you figured it was him that had a hold of you.

"Yeah.. Just a little tipsy!" You replied with a laugh.

"Alright, we should probably get you home then." You were confused by the concern in his voice.

"I'm okay!" You said with confidence, trying to take a step away from him to prove it. However, you ended up stumbling, and probably would have fell had Colby not grabbed you again.

"We should probably pack up and head back anyway, it's getting quite late." You followed the voice to see Sam standing across the fire.

"Here, why don't you sit down while we clear this stuff away." Colby said, guiding you back to where you were sitting before. You watched blearily as Colby and his friends pack up. Colby returned to you half way through, handing you a bottle of water and a packet of chips to help you sober up a little.

"Sorry." You said to him as he got up to leave, "I haven't drank alcohol in a while, so I think my tolerance is next to nothing." You explained.

"It's fine!" He reassured you, "trust me you're not the only one who's a little buzzed tonight!" He pointed over to Reggie, who was puking into the bushes.

"See, you could be Reggie!" Colby joked "just let me know if you are going to hurl, especially in the car on the way back.. It's a rental."

"No puking in the car, got in!" You nodded with a smile.

_____________________________

You reluctantly let Colby support you back to the car, you had mostly sobered up but you were still a little unstable on your feet.

The drive back was quiet, you had Jake and Tara in the back of the car this time, and the two were curled up together in the back, Jake pretty much passed out while Tara was dozing off.

"I'll walk you to your door." Colby said as you pulled up in front of your house.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked as you both clambered out of the car.

"I'm good." You replied.

He followed you up to the front door, and you stopped on the front porch.

"Listen, thanks for inviting me today, I had a lot of fun!"

"Nah, thanks for coming out! It was good to hang out with you again after all this time." He replied with a smile.

"When are you heading back to L.A.?" You asked him.

"Tomorrow night. I'm spending the day with my family tomorrow, and then we're all flying back at like 8pm."

Your stomach dropped a little, you were hoping to get to see him again before he went home.

"Oh... Well, then I hope you have a safe flight!"

"Thanks... But listen, I was thinking... Why don't you come out to L.A. for a bit? I don't mean like tomorrow, but maybe the next time you have time off. You said you wanted to travel a little, and you have to see a bit of California. I have space in my apartment if you want to stay there." He rambled on, and you couldn't help but find it adorable.

"Yeah definitely, that would be amazing!" You grinned, feeling a little better at the thought of getting to see him again sometime in the near future.

"Awesome, I'll keep in touch so we can sort something out!" He slimed back.

"I should get going.." Colby then said.

"Yeah, of course... I guess I'll see you soon!" You opened your arms to give him a hug, and he pulled you in tightly to him, squeezing you gently before breaking away.

"See ya!" He said, and then he turned to go, he stopped again as he got to the car to turn and wave at you again. You waved back, before unlocking your front door and going inside.

______________________________________

Looks like the reader is taking a trip out to L.A.! :D There is more to why the reader doesn't drink alcohol anymore, stay tuned to find out!

(718 words)