Whom is it?

The curtains were drawn in the bedroom of the Maheshwari's but the widows were kept open. A ceiling fan, a table fan and the night breeze were helping the couple to sustain the heat. Naina was sitting on the mattress while crossing her legs, her back almost glued to the wall. A warm smile had covered her lips as her fingers were drawing patterns on her husband's forehead, applying little pressure. Sameer was lying on his back on his side of the mattress, wearing a dark blue night suit, with his fingers interlocked on his stomach and he had rested his head on the cushion placed on Naina's lap. He had his eyes closed and was feeling relaxed with the head massage by his wife.

"Thoda tel laga du Sameer?" Naina asked softly.

"Nahi..." He replied calmly without opening his eyes.

Naina had not expected such a calm reply from Sameer. She usually used this trick to tease him as whenever she prodded him about oiling his hair, Sameer would turn into a grumpy child and throw tantrums. But she knew why nothing sort of was happening tonight. Sameer had been cheerful for the rest of the time while helping her in preparing for the dinner or during their dish-wash routine, but now since he had been lying quietly with his eyes closed, she knew that he must be thinking about the evening again.

"Tum bhi na Sameer. Kitne nakhre karte ho..." She giggled, still trying not to let him engross into a serious mood again.

Sameer didn't respond. But Naina didn't give up. She tried again, "Sameer, tumhara agla ad shoot 25 tarikh ko hai na? Achchha hi ho gaya. Dekhna abhi aisehi kaam milte rahega tumhe." She massaged on his brows.

Sameer smirked, he said, not bothering to open his eyes, "haan, lekin isme paise kam mil rahe hai Naina. Anil Sir shayad kuchh jyada hi dildaar the jo mujhe pehle ad mein itne paise de rahe the."

Naina stuttered for words hearing his tone, but she didn't let herself sound dull, "haan toh koi baat nahi na. Kaam milne se matlab hai bass. Aur yeh ad dikhne lagega toh aur kaam milega, hai na?"

"Baki kisi audition ka jawab bhi nahi aaya." Sameer voiced.

Naina's shoulders slumped listening to Sameer's responses. She dragged her fingers on his temple on both sides and applied more pressure, "aa jayega Sameer. Bahot jald kuchh na kuchh zaroor hoga dekhna." Her voice was comforting.

Sameer smiled a little listening to her humble attempts to keep him in a good mood. He opened his eyes and looked above at her. She had kept her hair open and he loved how her strands were falling on her shoulders. Her eyes were shining bright with an alluring smile on her lips. She was looking cuter than ever in her baggy white checked night suit.

He raised his hand and hooked it behind her neck and pulled her down a little towards himself. Her Mangalsutra popped out from her top and swayed in the air. Lifting his head a bit, he kissed the pendant and saw her smile widening. A smile he could give his everything for... Leaving his hand from her nape and settling his head on the cushion again, he mumbled, "Naina, mai udaas nahi hu. Tum chinta mat karo." He smiled warmly.

Naina caressed his cheeks with her soft palms and chuckled, "haan pata hai pata hai... nahi ho tum udaas..." She moved her thumbs in a circular pattern on his nose and cheeks. She so loved his pricking stubble. He had shaved just this morning, but given his rapid hair growth, his cheeks and jaw were already covered in a darker shade now. A few moments passed and she asked hesitantly, "Sameer, tum khud ko Jijaji se compare kyun kar rahe the? Kuchh hua hai kya?"

"Nahi toh..." He lied. Lying in her lap had one more benefit that he didn't have to see into her eyes.

She stopped her roaming hands and kept them on his shoulders. "Sameer, mai tumhari aankhon me dekh nahi paa rahi toh kya hua... Mai phir bhi tumhe achchhese jaanti hun. Batao na..." She poked on his shoulder.