Contrast...

The chirping of birds indicated the start of a fresh new day. The breeze carried a little warmth now as a sign of March month entering into its last week. The morning sunlight peeped through the window. It wasn't harsh like before, thanks to the new curtains, but enough to wake up Sameer.

Sunday morning was lazy as usual. Sameer opened his eyes and tried to move, but he realized that he was captivated by a delicate arm around his waist and a weight on himself heavier than usual. He peeked to see his wife had almost climbed upon him. Unlike the other mornings, Naina had held him a little more tight on his waist, she had placed her head on the crook of his neck, rather than his shoulder, her one leg had spread across both his knees and his one arm fixed beneath her. She was sleeping just like a child.

He smiled at the situation, though not exactly new to him. He didn't need to turn his face much to kiss Naina's forehead, the ritual now being a part of his every morning, when he woke up before Naina. He would never be in a hurry to wake her up. Rather he would just live the moment, thanking god for giving him such beautiful mornings. He would feel her breathing on him, feel her body pressed onto him; blush on how she would sometimes clutch his shirt into her grip and sometimes just curl up her fingers on his bare waist; wonder how her hair would always get caught into his stubble and sometimes even reach upto his lips. He was indeed the luckiest man on this planet, to see Naina by his side every morning; as his wife, which he prayed to god since he was seventeen.

He put his free hand on her waist and used his strength to turn himself with her. He successfully pinned Naina on her back without disturbing her sleep, and now himself half lying on her. She was in a deep sleep.

Did she sleep late at night?

Yesterday was a super busy day for him and Naina. The furniture had arrived yesterday morning which itself engaged their whole time in instructing the delivery men and helping them while arranging it. Though he had left for his class, Naina and Rakesh papa had continued arranging the furniture, putting covers on the seaters and cushions, filling the new storage cans with grocery and rearranging the kitchen and living room again. When Sameer returned from his class, he had grabbed the opportunity of Papa's absence and took Naina to the market again as he wanted to buy some gifts for Rakesh papa as per his wish. They returned back home holding bags with gifts not only for Rakesh but for them too. After dinner, they put the new curtains on the windows and rearranged their room too so as to make space for the study table they had ordered. And that's why, when Naina started studying at night, Sameer didn't object as he was aware Naina hadn't been able to study in the last few days. So he killed his romantic mood and gripped her left hand in his hold till he fell asleep. So, did that mean Naina studied for long at night?

He looked at the peaceful face of his love. There were few locks of her hair that had jumped out of their place and had fallen on her temple, the reason being his stubble undoubtedly. The neckline of her yellow night dress was stretched down further due to his chest, revealing her cleavage to his view. The pendant of her Mangalsutra had slipped to her right collar bone due to his move. He was the reason for everything that was related to Naina, he smirked. The diamond of the pendant gleamed in the sunlight and a surge of pride filled his chest. How his wife was managing everything so easily! Her married life and the studies!

He had seen examples of how girls don't get to even complete their studies if they get married in between. Some girls wish to study more but fail to do so as they get busy in their married life. Some of them come with almost no ambition for themselves and get hitched to whoever their family wants them to. While in some cases, the ambitions of a married girl are killed by her in-laws and she spends the rest of her life by regretting her decisions or cursing fate. And here, he saw Naina. Who had her own opinions about things, who had certain ambitions and dreams to fulfill in her life, who has chosen to pursue a course like CA which involved rigorous studies. And being married never came as an obstacle to her. She was happily balancing her married life, giving enough time to her husband, to her father, cooking all the meals by herself, with of course a little help done by Sameer. She was managing her studies and all the work at home so wonderfully. And she never uttered a word of complaint. Is there anything that Naina can't do? He had no doubt about it.