Chhoti Khushiyaan....

"Sameer.... Thik se karo na..." She instructed him, a little irked.

"Arey, thik se hi toh kar raha hun... ab khamakha gussa mat karo Naina..." he couldn't get the reason behind her upset mood.

"Ummm... Sorry... bass isliye keh rahi thi ke kabhi kabhi chiknai rah jati hai bartan pe... " She immediately softened.

The one month taken by the leaky roof was like a big lesson for Sameer. He had come to the fact that he had become way too gone case to distance himself from Naina now. He just can't live without her. Period! He had made a pact to himself, to stick with Naina everywhere and not to leave her alone for a single moment. Doesn't matter what the society thinks of him. So he had started helping Naina in each of their daily chores. Be it then washing clothes, cleaning the used utensils, ironing the clothes and chopping the vegetables. He had also understood that Naina needed time to study. So helping her would anyway take away the burden from her and she could be free earlier than usual.

While doing the utensils, as they would generally do it after the dinner, Naina would scrub it with soap and he would rinse it with normal water, wipe them and arrange it in the rack. They would talk endlessly and always have so much fun. But she had been in a different zone since almost a week now, since they had returned from his commercial shoot. Not all the time, but sometimes she would just get pissed with small things and then feel sorry about it the very next moment. And she was not even on her periods. So What was it after all?  He couldn't pinpoint exactly what, but something was bothering her. But he chose to give her some time.

"Achchha... koi baat nahi... hum kaha the waise?" He tried to resume their conversation.

"Sofe pe..." she replied innocently.

"Kya?" He flicked his brows and his mind drifted to imagining him and Naina on a sofa doing......

"Matlab, sofa set lene ki baat kar rahe the na..." she cut his reverie.

"Ohh... haan..." His voice changed. "Toh ek sofa set lete hai, ek tea table, aur hamare room ke liye bhi ek study table chahiye na... aur dressing table, hall ke liye ek bed..." he was counting the items one by one.

"Sameeeerrr.... Rukooo..." she stopped him from continuing. "Sameer, tumhare aur mere milakar sirf tees hazar rupaye hi bante hai. Aur humne pehle hi tay kiya hai na saare paise kharch nahi karenge. Toh itna samaan thodi na aayega kam paiso me?" She stated the logical part.

"Naina, inn sab cheezon ki zaroorat hai hame. Koi bahar ka aaya toh hum unhe baithne ko tak nahi bol sakte. Aur papa ko zameen pe sulana mujhe achchha nahi lagta." Well, he stated the facts.

"Haan, toh sofa le rahe hai na uske liye. Lekin abhi bed aur dressing table ki zaroorat nahi hai Sameer." She passed him last pieces of glasses to rinse.

"Mujhe papa ke liye kuchh lena hai.... Unko kuchh mere taraf se dena hai mujhe Naina..." He demanded like a child.

Naina could see the attachment building between the two men. One who was her life, and one who gave her life. Before she could agree or disagree to it, they heard the main door opening and they both turned.

Rakesh hollered while coming in, "Nainaa... aa gaya mai. Paani rakh dena yahan bass... so raha hun ab mai seedhe..." He said while sitting down on the mattress.

"Ji papa... laayi..." Naina responded.

Sameer bent down towards Naina and spoke in a low volume, "aajkal papa roz raat ko bahar jaate hai tehelne... kahi inka chakkar-wakkar toh nahi chal raha bahar?" He laughed on his own statement.