28. Needs and Priorities

Sameer continued to massage Naina's foot in silence, applying necessary pressure to her foot's sole, arch, heel and ankle too. He pinched her toe fingers within his thumb and index finger, pulling them lightly to free the nerves over there. Naina flinched, withdrawing her foot a little but she felt good. The same procedure was repeated for the other foot too.

"Umm... ho gaya," Naina said, pulling her legs back.

"Kamar daba duu?" Sameer asked her genuinely.

"Nahi," she replied cutely and opened the almirah to keep the cheques in the locker cabinet.

Sameer returned to the bedroom after washing his hands and took his place beside Naina. Naina immediately scooted in the space between his legs and turning sideways, she cocooned herself into the smaller space, embracing herself in his warmth and resting her head on his shoulder. Sameer locked her in his arms and kissed her forehead softly.

"Yeh articleship ki baat kaha se aayi beech me?" He asked after a minute of quietude.

"Beech me matlab?"

"Matlab... itne dino se toh baat tak nahi kar rahi thi..." Sameer remarked.

"Haan toh baat nahi ki toh kya hua?" Naina looked up at him, "lekin articleship toh karni hi hai na?"

Sameer peered at her, her dove shaped eyes had enlarged even more as she raised her brows and he could see varied emotions in her eyes.

Was the statement more like a question? A question more to herself than to him?

He caressed her cheek with his palm, rubbing his thumb on her smooth chubby cheeks. He searched for something in her eyes, maybe for confidence or a firmness of a decision. But that was certainly not there. His mood suddenly turned serious looking at her.

"Nainaㅡ"

"Karni hai na..." Naina interrupted whatever he was going to utter. His studious gaze had pierced straight to her soul, to her mind and she feared of getting exposed. She felt vulnerable. So she changed her tone instantly, sounding cheerful while breaking Sameer's serious stance. "Practical training toh karna hi padega na Sameer... kuchh bhi puchhte ho tum bhi..."

She averted her gaze so that Sameer couldn't read her again.

"Hum na jijaji ki bhi rai lete hai iske baare me," Naina continued speaking, playing with the buttons of Sameer's shirt. "August tak mil jaani chahiye kisi achchhe firm me."

Sameer pulled her more towards him with his locked hands. He didn't want to reach a conclusion so soon, that too just on the basis of her statement which looked like a question to him. She wasn't feeling well too, maybe the fatigue of the day and the chances of periods reflected on her face.

"Hmmm..." Sameer only hummed, resting his cheek on her head.

He stroked her back and lower back with his left hand, trying to soothe her back pain as well. Naina sighed and leaned more on him, keeping her thoughts aside for the time being and soaking in the love showered by her husband.

"Naina... tum thik ho na?" Sameer threw a generalized question at her, not revealing the exact context behind it.

Naina looked at him and smiled, she had felt quite relaxed by the time, "tumhari baahon me hun... kya lagta hai tumhe?"

Sameer returned the smile to her, immersing his fingers in her hair to cradle her face, he gazed at her with all the love, "Naina... jo kuchh bhi ho... hum milkar sab thik kar lenge..." A general statement again.

Naina nodded with a grin and Sameer dipped to kiss on her lips, a gentle but long peck. He pulled back, finding Naina turning red with a blush on her face.