Acceptance

"Papaaajiiiiii...... Aap tayyar ho gaye kya?" Sameer hollered from the bedroom while doing his hair in front of the almirah mirror.

"Papaaajii..." He shouted again.

"Aaahhh..." Naina almost shut her ears, suddenly appearing from his behind. "Kya hua? Itna chilla kyun rahe ho?" She walked ahead of Sameer to check herself in the mirror.

"Chilla kyun rahe ho matlab? Der ho rahi hai na class jane ke liye... Aaj hi late karwana hai kya tum dono ko?" Sameer reasoned, still doing his hair.

Naina pushed him a little back with her own back, making space for herself, "Papa tayyar hai kab ke... Bass kahi gaye hai... Aate hi honge..."

Sameer's eyes widened in shock, him slowly delving into panic mode now, "bahar gaye hai? Abhi? Iss waqt? Naina yeh hamesha mujhe itna pareshan kyun karte hai? Mujhe pata hai Papa yeh sab jaan-boojhkar karte honge..." He came beside her and pushed her with his hips, for no reason.

"Aaaaa.... Mujhe bhi tayyar hona hai na... Ek toh pata nahi kyun tum chahte ho tumhari biwi sabse sundar dikhe..." Naina whined.

Irritated, he turned to her and said, "tumhe bhi yahi pe tayaar hona hai kya? Wahan jao na itna bada aaina toh lagaya na naya wala..." He pointed towards a mirror hanging on a wall opposite them.

Naina adjusted her dupatta and opened the almirah, "Sameer, papa ka gussa mujh pe mat utaro... woh aate hi honge... aur function 1:30 baje shuru hone wala hai Sameer, abhi sirf 11 hi baje hai... aur, mujhe yahi kaam hai... tum jao wahan... waise bhi, kabse bass baal hi bana rahe ho..." She took out a bangle box and pushed Sameer again.

Sameer put his hair brush to its place and mumbled, "tum aur tumhare Papa... bass pareshan karo mujhe..." He was about to continue his rant but paused after seeing a set of bangles in Naina's hand and then his eyes roved over her too.

She was looking eternally beautiful in that red salwaar-suit he had chosen for her in their recent shopping. They had promised not to spend more money after they left the clothing store but again halted at a ladies' shop nearby to the society and had purchased matching bangles to the dress. All that Naina had to do was say 'yes' to her husband's cute demands in that whole shopping.

"Mai pehnaa du?" Sameer's voice was suddenly toned down, and contained a sweet request.

Naina put her one hand on her waist, "Ab der nahi ho rahi tumhe?"

"Ummm... Nahi..." He gave a straight answer and snatched the set of bangles from her hand. He divided the silver colored metal bangles into two sets of six and started putting them one by one in her hand.

While asking for the various designs for bangles in the shop, he wasn't the seventeen year old Sameer who didn't know the perfect size for Naina. He was her man, who now knew his wife is too small and tiny and needs a size of 2.4 for her delicate hands. He was doing the task of putting the bangles, as an expert. And why wouldn't he? He has been doing it for a few years now.

As all the twelve pieces were donned in Naina's hands, Sameer grabbed both her hands in his and kissed on the back of the palms one by one. Naina just held her breath for a moment at the touch of his lips on her skin. And she sighed in exhilaration. He then continued on her right hand and kissed on the back of her wrist. Again a soft kiss. He might have gone on and on, if Naina hadn't cleared her throat as a signal and pulled back her hands, as she was aware that the time couldn't be stopped for this gratifying moment.

"Ummm... mai dekhke aata hun Papa aaye ke nahi..." Sameer licked his lips while shifting his gaze and started walking to the living room. "Papaji..." He yelled again, just to get himself back in senses.