44. Third Person's POV

Preeti was grinning widely, her cheeks and jaw had started aching but she was ever smiling since yesterday. It wasn't just a normal Monday, but a special day for her.

Her eyes roamed in the room again. It wasn't exactly a room, but a hall. It had bright lights all over, two big horizontal mirrors and four specially designed and multiple functioned chairs in front of them. For some odd reason, she had imagined a classroom with a desk and benches and blackboard. But she laughed at it by calling herself stupid; there was no need for blackboards here.

She had nine other women with her, three of almost her age, four of them must be in their 30s, one looked in her 40s, and one girl who looked hardly 18. Looking at them, her belief got stronger that you don't need a specific age to learn something new. Apart from the 18 year old girl, and a girl of her age, the rest of them were married. Of course, this was the first day of the housewives special batch of VLCC parlour course.

The women were busy interacting with each other, but Preeti couldn't help but smile brightly again, thinking how she had reached this place... this stage... or this phase of her life...

The period of four months, starting from her anniversary in July to today, was definitely not easy. But for her, it was full of hope. In this timespan, she thought as if she was a secret agent of the Intelligence Bureau, an important part of a strategy team, and the team included herself and her husband... yes, only the two.

Convincing her mother-in-law to give her permission for the parlor course was indeed not lesser than a big mission. It was possibly the biggest surprise of her life when Shubham had come up with a 'plan' for the whole mission.

It happens only in films... it doesn't happen in real life, no?

She must have questioned this to herself a thousand times. But it was true. Shubham had almost devised a 'Level-1', 'Level-2' kind of plan for this. He knew his mother too well. He was aware of the kind of mindset she has and also the predominant customs and traditions running in her blood.

They had moved slowly, steadily, inducing a progressive move or a progressive thought in the house, reiterating the need of it, and eradicating an unwanted thought or tradition that was no longer needed in this era. And she could see that it was having a great impact in the overall environment of the house. There had been more productive discussions on the dining table, where not just Preeti but Tanvi too would put her opinions freely. There used to be topics like women making good entrepreneurial journeys and becoming successful by naming successful women. Shubham had also asked his mother to let some small things to Preeti and Tanvi, and that she should let them take some responsibilities, apart from the chores.

It had also benefited in postponing Tanvi's marriage discussions just after her graduation. Nirmalaji wanted to marry Tanvi off as soon as she finished college, but when Tanvi opened about it to Preeti, Preeti had taken her too in the gang.

Preeti hadn't really imagined that a woman like Nirmalaji with strong beliefs would agree for her course in four months. It's next to impossible to change someone's deep rooted beliefs. Well, it had taken the socialists decades and centuries to exterminate the wrong and irrelevant traditions, then how could it be done in four months with her mother-in-law?

Preeti smiled, thinking probably destiny was with her... and more so... her husband was with her in this... He was indeed a strong force in her life.

Shubham was so excited about her course starting from today. Yesterday, he had explained to her the route from the society to this building by drawing a layout on a piece of paper, including the trees and shops and squares.