29. The Partial Happiness

"Waah yaar Naina... teri dusri kahani bhi chhap gayi magazine me..." Preeti voiced while folding her legs on the sofa and closing the magazine, her face borne sheer appreciation for her sister.

"Ho gaya na ab... aur kitni baar bolegi..." Naina said as she placed the tray on the tea-table carrying two cups of tea, some biscuits and chips to munch on.

Tea and a lazy afternoon was a perfect date for the sisters.

"Tu toh rehne hi de..." Preeti reproached her, narrowing her eyes at Naina, "aur itna bhi kya tha Naina... mujhe poore baara ghanto baad pata chala teri kahani ke baare mein, jab Shubhamji uss din office se aate hue Kadambini lekar aaye..." She twisted her mouth before blowing air at the hot tea in the cup.

"Yaar mujhe na... aisa lag raha tha jaise mera board ka result aaya ho..." Naina reasoned while lifting her cup, "sabke phone aa rahe hai... sab badhai de rahe hai, mithaiyaan batt rahi hai... ek baar thik hai lekin..."

"Yaar tu itna kya soch rahi hai?" Preeti cut her in, "Naina, tujhe pata hai teri kahani ka iss patrika me chhapna hamare liye kitni badi baat hai... iski khushi uss board result ke aage kuchh nahi hai..." Preeti placed her hand gently on Naina's knee, who was on the adjacent sofa chair.

Naina smiled a little and heaved deeply. Taking herself five days back...

How can she forget that scorching kiss from Sameer when he informed her about her story?

The pride in his eyes when he said he was proud of her for more than 10 times in the day...

How can she not remember the way Papa had put his palm on her head and said 'bahot achchhe beta!'

Though she had strictly warned Sameer and Papa not to publicize more about the second story, it didn't stop Papa from bringing their favorite nashta of jalebi-fafda and samose. This time Rakesh had read her story while sitting in the living room itself, but Naina had given him the needed space by busying herself in the kitchen. With a promise that he will inform only Anand and also take a promise from him for the same, Rakesh happily shared the news with him. The phone call from Anand eventually occurred late in the afternoon and Naina received all the blessings in the form of the feedback.

She held back a laugh recalling the evening of that day. When Preeti had stomped in the house, directed herself straight to the kitchen finding Naina there, glared at her while resting her hands on her waist and left soon muttering a 'katti', NOT before swatting Naina's arm multiple times. It had taken Naina a whole 24 hours after that to pacify her.

At night, when Sameer and her finally opened the magazine to read, she had rested her back on Sameer's chest, like her personal pillow, and read the story aloud. Although, she knew Sameer wasn't really listening to it, as he was occupied in kissing her cheeks, her ears, the side of her neck and shoulders, and his hands wandering on her stomach and one of the arms. Smacking the magazine on the mattress, she had turned and shot a deadly glare at him, which actually made Sameer petrified... his hands leaving her body and raising in the air for surrender, his eyes wide containing the fear of his wife Naina Devi, and his lips pursed... That cutest sight had led Naina to quickly shed her pretense and she had laughed heartily at her husband's state, wrapping her arms around his neck and putting a sloppy and noisy kiss on his cheek, as he does.

Needless to say, it was followed by him pinning her on the mattress and starting his favorite activity with her without even switching the lights off. That was indeed a wonderful night!

No... That entire day was wonderful!!

"Nainaaaa..." Preeti's snapped her fingers, "kahan kho gayi?"