Escape

Aesops Diary

We were all still standing in some sort of trance after we heard miss Dorvals painful scream, which echoed over this place.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment.

" We need do help Miss Dorval."
Miss Nair said.

I didn't really know what to think about that idea because we could get in trouble too if we helped her, so I remained silent and waited for Mr Balsas response. He furrowed his brow and bared his teeth. He sighed

" It's not gonna be that easy. Think about it! If Patrica already got in trouble, then what would happen to us! She was one of the only people who actually tried to figure out what to do!"

Miss Nair started to get a bit angry and raised her voice at Mister Balsa.

" And that's why we need to save her! We NEED her!"

Luca got upset and turnt his nose up.

" Just admit it, Luca! You're too scared! "

Balsa got even more upset and took a step forward, towards Miss Nair

"You really do know nothing you selfish brat!"

Vera laughed
"Selfish!? I'm selfish because I want to help someone? You're the one who's selfish!"

Their discussion turnt into screaming and yelling at each other.
I sighed calmly.

"Remain silent."
I said
" Your conspicuous and loud behavior is the only thing that will get us into trouble."

Mister Balsa started laughing, which was pretty predictable.
Just like Balsa himself.

" Oh and you're the one who knows it all, you're a genius! Wow thank you so much for your help!"

He put his hands on his hips.
While Mister Balsa and Miss Nair were arguing, I made my decision.

We needed to help Miss Dorval.

I started to walk towards the direction her scream came from.

" Were do you think you're going? "
Miss Nair asked. I

slowly turned around.

" I should help Miss Dorval. Please take care of the cipher machines, I guess they will be helpful for our escape."

I didn't wait for their answer and started to run towards Miss Dorval. Whatever happened to her wasn't good and she needed support.

After I ran around this place for a few minutes, I could see her silhouette from afar. I started to run faster.
I frowned.

What was that thing next to her? I stopped running and stood still. A tall and bony figure tried to attack Miss Dorval with a sharp umbrella. The wound on her arm showed that he already got successful with that. But Miss Dorval wasn't helpless, she was able to defend herself. She used some kind of skull, which affected the creature and apparently brought him pain. It seemed like Miss Dorval was some kind of enchantress or shaman.

But this was not the time to be amazed or shocked by that discovery.
Just like I said, Miss Dorval wasn't helpless, but it would be better if someone of us would help her, even though it could get me in trouble...

I stopped thinking about that and put my thought aside.
I ran towards Miss Dorval and this wicked man, who was just trying to hit and attack her once again.
Miss Dorval didn't see this attack coming,
but I did.

Suddenly I noticed that next to Patricia was a big piece of wood, a pallet or a piece of an old fence.
It seemed like it could bring a distance between Dorval and the hunter.
I didn't think twice and dropped the pallet on his head. He moaned in pain and flinched. This gave us time to create a distance between him and us, so I grabbed Miss Dorvals wrist and dragged her with me. I started running and quickly pulled her behind an old wheelbarrow with me. If we were lucky, the evil man didn't see us, but if he did, we're trapped...