Memories

Mike's memory

I remember that it was a cold day, that's the first thing I remember when thinking about that day.
It was cold.
The footpath from the town back to the circus was long and steep, I hated it. My backpack with my freshly bought bottle of acid was heavy, pulling my back towards the floor. In a few minutes I was finally going to be back home, maybe after about a few 100 meters.

I took a deep breath and thought about everything that happened in the last few days. Joker had burned his face, the marks were terrible, he looked awful.. Of course it's suspicious if the acid bottle in my tent was missing but just because someone used it to mutilate Joker doesn't mean that I was the culprit!
But ringmaster Bernard doesn't think so of course. Yeah! The evil and mischievous Mike Morton, the villainous acrobat! muhahahaha!

Bullshit! I really liked Bernard, he has always been like a father to me, but now he was getting on my nerves!

In front of me I saw our big sign with the label
" HULABALOO CIRCUS" written on it, but something was off..
It was quiet.. too quiet..

As I stepped closer I noticed the foul and rotten smell that filled the whole carnival..
Did they forgot to throw away old food or what?
I started to feel a bit queasy by every step I took towards the big amusement park.

"AHH"
I fell to the ground while being distracted by that weird smell and my uncomfortableness while approaching the circus.
And so I slipped.
But isn't that kinda weird?
I mean the earth was dry, not wet, It didn't rain for days so it was impossible to slip because of mud or a puddle.
I slowly and carefully stood up, afterward I scraped the dirt off my overall, until I looked at my shoe.

Why was it ...red?

My white shoe had small splashes of red all over it.
My queasiness grew bigger and bigger.
I swallowed and slowly started to turn around.
What the hell did I slip on..?

My heart skipped a beat as I saw what was laying on the ground, with my footprint as a marking, how didn't I notice it while walking towards the circus!

I kneeled down and looked at it more closely.

" Is that... an organ?"

Every following second I looked at that ...thing confirmed my theory.

For whatever reason that thing was laying before me, it was an organ.
And by it's size it looked like a human one.

That realisation made me sick to my stomach and I was able to walk a few steps further before throwing up violently.

After I finished I tried to calm down.
" Wh-What the fuck.. what the fuck happened here."

I took my gaze back to the hullabaloo sign before swallowing one last time and taking a deep breath to start walking towards the carnival.

As I entered it my head turnt silent, I stood there, rooted to the ground, and was unable to move, blink, I couldn't even breath.
My brain was empty, every thought just disappeared and I was filled by a traumatic silence.

I saw more organs, blood and broken buildings, such as roller coasters.
Ripped open tents and the sign of a freshly extinguished fire were filling the once so happy looking amusement park.
The rotten smell came from the corpses of entertainers and the innocent audience of our circus.
Some of their limbs were missing, others didn't have a head anymore.

I was about to faint, my empty head suddenly got filled with panic and fear. Without thinking I started to run out of the circus while screaming as loud as I could.
I have never ran so fast in my entire life, ever.
My feet brought me back to the city.

Patricias Diary

" Luca read the letter now." I said with a strong but scared voice. What was the host about to tell us? That our missing guests are dead? That we will all die a horrifying death?
Everyone looked at Balsa with big eyes, his hands trembled while holding the yellowish piece of paper.
He swallowed before finally locking eyes with me, then he nodded.

" My dear guests,
More of you have had the honor to participate in my game, I thought it would be a good idea to keep the ones staying in my mansion pleased, the last thing I want to do is bore you my dear guests.
Go downstairs to find a surprise.~
Kind regards,
Your host."

The room was quiet for a couple of minutes, no one was making a sound, but instead looked at their feet with empty eyes. I slowly looked up to Luca to see him distort his face to anger. Suddenly he ripped the letter into pieces which made everyone stare at him in shock.
" Fuck it!" He said before running downstairs.
I jumped from my chair and followed him.

" Luca wait! You don't know what's down there! It could be dangerous!"

He didn't even look back at me.

" I don't fucking care anymore Patty"
He reached the end of the staircase and ran further to the middle of the room.

I finally catched up to him.
" What the f-"
" SHH!"
He put a finger over my mouth then pointed at the dining room with his other hand.
I tried to listen.

voices?

It was voices of... people..

New guests? no..

Luca and I locked eyes again and without saying a word we both stormed into the dining room.

Margarethas diary

I just arrived at the mansion after getting invited to join.
I needed the money more than anything and I would do anything to archive it.
Working as a circus performer never brought me lots of money and working as a prostitute brought me nothing but danger.
I was tired of it.
And then I got the letter and I was so sure that this will be my moment.
My life would finally be good! No more tears, no more pain.
It would be my time to shine, my time to perfom. With the golden prize I will win here I could do anything, I was so sure about that.
There were a few other people in the room with me, waiting for the host.
A guy with long brown hair, he was quiet, didn't talk at all. He looked us all up and down with a judging look on his face, what a jerk..
There was also a woman, who seemed to hide her face with a veil, I saw a few pieces of her hair, and I saw her lips, but that was it.
In contrast to her odd appearance she was nice and talked to me, her name was Melly.
The third person waiting was a man with longish her, he told us he was a doctor and that he worked on great experiments that would 'change the world', I didn't really believe him.. If his experiments would get him so much fame, why was he here then?
His name was Luchino.
That was all the people here.

Suddenly I heard footsteps, was the host about to greet us.
I stood up, ready to make a great first impression.

The door opened, scared eyes greeting me.
- - - - - - - - - - -