Dinner

Patricias Diary

Everyone went to their room after we found the last letter, trying to calm down and rest a little bit.

Impossible.

The night came closer and we all got hungry, so I got up and went downstairs.

I still was frightened from what had happened earlier, well if you compare me to anyone else, frightened was exaggerated...

The others were frightened! And terrified...
It was horrible..
Seeing their reactions broke my heart, they were crying and screaming full of panic and pure fear.  

I just hoped that this so called game won't be too dangerous and we really just have to fix some damn machines without getting punished like they said in the letter.

Or maybe the punishment really wasn't going to be that bad!
I mean they didn't mention it in our personified letters so it couldn't be that important right?

I knew I was wrong..
I just wanted to have a little bit of positivity inside of me...
I would never ever let that little spark of hope die..
I sighed.

'' Hey Patricia! ''
Norton said

''Are you alright?''

'' I'm fine''

I said with a strong voice while walking to the kitchen with him. Well, I tried to sound like a strong woman, but I could hear my voice crack..

'' I just hope that the others are alright.''

He nodded and we both looked to our feet knowing that they're probably not alright...

We stayed silent till we arrived at the kitchen.

When we entered the dining room, we saw that most of the guests were already having dinner and eating their meals.
They did calm down a bit, but they still looked a little frustrated.

It was surprising anyways, since I thought that they were probably still sitting in their rooms, not accepting their fate.
But I guessed it was good that they wouldn't surrender and tried to move on a bit, even though they couldn't change anything about our situation...

Norton suddenly spotted someone in the crowd and walked towards them,  a moment later I lost him and didn't know where he went..

God damn I needed to stop drowning in my thoughts.

Well I was hungry so I just went to the kitchen alone,  grabbed me a piece of bread , some butter and spices, filled my jug with some water and went to an other dining room that was a little more empty.

Luca was sitting in the corner of the room, eating bread.
In the other corner sat a woman, I think her name was Vera or something like that.
And a few chairs away from me sat this mysterious guy with the greyish hair.

Norton told me his name was Aesop.
I didn't know what to think about him but I guess I shouldn't judge..

I saw that everyone else was having wine, so I asked Vera if she could handle me the bottle. She looked at me a long time before responding with a cold stare.

'' Yes, here you go.''

'' Thanks.''
I said back coldly like her and filled my glass with some red wine.

'' Any news on how to get out of this hell of a manor?''
Luca said, looking directly at me.

The others didn't say anything and kept dining and drinking their wine.

'' Don't think so. ''
I smiled a little bit.

'' Of course not.''

I looked at him for a moment and was a bit fascinated that he didn't take our situation as that bad and tried to get along with it.