Breathe

Patricias diary

The creature was now standing in front of our lockers, I didn't know if it saw us entering them but I knew that it guessed we hid there. I started to hold my breath, the musty air inside of the locker was making my head hurt even more.
I felt like I was about to faint.

My heart was beating faster and faster and my sight started to get blurry. My limbs felt so numb and if I wouldn't have had the walls of the locker surrounding me, I had fallen to the ground. He slowly stretched out his pale hand with claws so dangerous and spiky I have never seen on any animal before. He grabbed the handle to my locker and I thought this was going to be my end.
I would die.

Nothing could have saved me anymore, there was nowhere where I could run to and my skull wouldn't have helped me either at this moment .
Every chance of escape was lost right now and the fear and stress caused an intrusive image to come to my mind about how this creature will slice me up and how I will gasp for my last breath with dark blood all over my body.
I closed my eyes.

I have never felt so much fear in my entire life.
Tears where streaming down my face and I quietly started to whimper and whine.

Suddenly a very loud noice was echoing over the place, I didn't know what it was, but that old factory on the other side of the place was starting to get slightly illuminated. My heart was beating faster and faster and I really wanted to gasp for air right now, but it just seemed impossible with this monster in front of me.

The hunter quickly turned around and walked towards the factory.

I took a deep breath and sank to my knees in relief.
Thank god!

I was finally able to exhale and to calm down.
Closing my eyes and sitting there in pure silence felt so good at that moment, it felt like a present from the universe to me.

I needed to breath for a second, not s second but a minute, or maybe more? In this moment I didn't want to do anything but breathing.
And then it hit me.
I was alive

I was shocked, terrified, hurt and I was 99% sure that this will cause a trauma,
but I was alive.

Questions where filling up my head:
what was this all about? Will this happen again? Will I die the next time?

But I didn't want to answer them right now, or ever...

I opened my eyes due to the sound of another locker next to me opening itself

It was Aesop. „ Miss Dorval?" he whispered. I took another deep breath and slowly opened my stall.
He looked just as terrified as me.
Glad I wasn't the only one...

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. " Yes.. but you're clearly not okay.."

I just kept staring at him. I had no idea what just happened, I was petrified.. A tear slowly ran down my cheek as I opened my mouth to say something.

But I stopped myself and looked at my wounded arm instead. I took a deep breath again and resisted the urge to puke as I saw my deep red blood flow over my cut open flesh. Fear was spreading in my body, but at the same time some sort of relief. I took another deep breath and swallowed my upcoming vomit down again. What the hell did just happen...

I got chased by an over 6 feet tall monster who was thirsty for m y blood and who chased me down this strange place of pure nothing. I didn't know what to say, what to do, how to act! I just stood there and looked at my arm with disgust and Aesop didn't say anything either.

He just stood there, looking at me with worry.

A few minutes of uncomfortable silence passed.
" Let me look at your arm." I was startled by his sudden words. He grabbed my arm gently and pulled out a few bandages out of his pockets.