Defeat

Andrew's Diary

I've already been scared since I entered this mansion.
Not scared of the house, but of the people here.

I was scared they won't accept me, won't trust me, won't like me...
But all of my thoughts are unimportant now.

I should have been afraid of the manor and of it's host, I'm always doing something wrong! I shouldn't have come here...

I sighed.

I sat in a dark corner in the room, not trying to get noticed, while everyone else was screaming and yelling at each other.

They looked at themselves in fear after Mr. Riley came in to tell us we're trapped inside this building. Panic was rising in my body.

'' Maybe it was just an... accident? ''

Said this so called Victor. His thought was stupid, but I remained silent.
But the others took the chance and told him what they thought about that.

'' How so!?? Everyone is here!''

Victor looked intimidated when the angry guy from earlier yelled at him, he looked like he was about to cry and looked at his feet immediately. He may has talked a bit during this talk, but it was easy for me to sense that he's just as shy and nervous as me..

Mr. Subendar sighed.
''No need to get so angry, Servais... But you're right. That's impossible, everyone is here.''

The guy that sat in the other corner, with the greyish hair raised his voice.

'' Isn't it clear? It was the host.''

Mr. Subendar sighed again.

'' But they're probably gone by now..''
He looked frustrated but also a little annoyed...

This Luca guy stood up.

'' If it really was the host, they would be near. I mean the front door isn't the only exit out of here! You can still leave this house through the windows! If they want to trap us in here, they would have to lock them too.''

He was right.

It takes time too lock all the exits in here.
This means, the host must be inside the mansion...

Suddenly the woman next to Luca stood up too.

Her voice was raspy but she talked in a very soft tone.

'' Let's start looking around the manor, maybe we can find them together.''

It seemed like her smile calmed everyone down a little.

'' Yeah let's go!''
Other people stood up.
And even Servais joined them after Mr.Subendar needed to convince him several times...

The only one left now, was me.

I thought I could just go back to my room.
But then...

The woman looked at me, and smiled again.

''Hey! You in the corner! Are you coming?''

I slowly stepped out of the shadows, looking at my feet.

'' I guess we're complete now! Let's go find this psycho!''

Luca said the last sentence angrily.

Vera's Diary

This was the very first moment of teamwork in the manor.

Us, trying to find the host.

We split up in groups of 5 people.

I was in a group with  Mike Morton and Aesop Carl.

I didn't know the names of the others, but the other two members of our group were a woman with a braided plait over her shoulder. She wore a short, hooded dress and her hair almost seemed pinkish.