A hidden room

I inspected the fireplace carefully.

I brushed my hand over the stone cold edge of it and noticed that the fireplace wiggled a little. It was loose, it didn't stick to the wall.

I softly pressed my hand against it and it started to move a little. At first it made a crashing noice and then started to turn till there was a passage to another room.
I gasped and just stood there for a moment. I raised my brows and rippled my lips. I hesitated at first but then I took a deep breath and decided to just go through the fireplace. I carefully crawled through it and with that I entered a new room. A hidden room in the manor. The hot wax of my candle ran down my hand. A short but painful scream came out of my mouth that made me look at my candle. It shrunk to its half.

God, how long have I been in here? Well it doesn't matter.

I shook my head and started to explore the mysterious room. In the middle of the room stood a big, black and broken piano, next to it was a little sofa with a silky, but dirty coat. There was also a messy and dusty stack of newspaper on the left of the room.

A strange symbol was painted on the wall above the papers. It looked like some kind of flower but at the same time, it didn't. Lines curled around the center of the sign. I looked at it for a long time, but I just couldn't figure out what it was supposed to mean...

In the room was another door, but it was nailed up.
I tried everything to get through it but of course it didn't work. I gave up and looked around the room one more time.
I looked behind me, to the passage I entered, the fireplace..
In this room, on the other side of the wall, a bookshelf took the place of the fireplace. With all of my strength I turned the bookshelf around and closed the passage to the other room.
Now I could take a look at the different sized books and just took a random book out of the shelf.

Jan 03
Patricia Dorval:

Today is my first day at the manor.
I already met some very nice people that were very welcoming to me. This guy, Norton Campbell showed me around the house and introduced me to a girl named Fiona and a man named Eli.

They were very nice to me and we planned to have dinner together this evening. Norton told me that  he has never seen the host of this house and he has been here for 4 days already!
There also weren't any staff members around the house. No cook, no maids nor butlers. It was just us guests.
He told me that we can eat when, where and whatever we like. In the kitchen would be food supplies, you just need to know how to cook. My first day has been wonderful so far,
I'm just a bit curious about this whole diary thing..

Diary thing?
Did they need to write diaries or what does she mean by that?
I took another book out of the shelf that seemed to be a diary too. This time I looked at one of the pages at the end of the book.

September 21
Victor Grantz:

I don't wanna do this anymore.
We got tricked.
We all got tricked!!!
We luckily managed to escape yesterday... But my journey isn't over yet. I'm still not allowed to leave this hell. I'm so tired of this shitty game!
I should have never accepted this letter..

What was that?!
Game?
What game?

I needed to know what has been going on in here. What happened here? Could it be that this is connected to the lost girl I'm searching ?..

My heart started beating faster and my sight got dark. I took a look at the mirror that was standing next to the bookshelf.

„ Orpheus, you need to calm down! What the hell... " I said to my own reflection.