The order

It was a rainy day.

A cold wind blew towards my face, while I was slowly walking to my car.
It was a long day at work and all I wanted right now was to get home.

My life as a detective wasn't as exciting as it sounds like, I hardly got any special orders at all... The biggest one I got in the last 5 years was a lady who couldn't find her child. She came to me to ask if I could help her find it. Not even half an hour later we found it at an old playground, outside the town..

I started my car and drove trough the abandoned streets to the sound of the raindrops hitting my slightly tinted windows. I was so tired from all that draining paper work and the car ride just made me more sleepy.

Before I became a detective,  I actually worked as a crime novelist and my work even got pretty successful. I earned lots of money and god I was one of the most popular novelists of my time!! But one day, my perfect little life ended with one blow.
After an horrible incident, a fire broke out.

Until today no one really knows why and what happened, not even I know..The only thing I can remember is that I was one of the few 'lucky' people who surrived. Maybe I even was the only one...
The fire made me lose all of my memory and not just that, but also all of my amazing writing skills.

Due to my memory loss I started drinking.
I drank so much that I started to get blackouts.
I woke up in places I have never been before, next to things I have never used before and I looked like a person I have never been before.
I'm clean now, but I see the crime novelist as an old personality of mine that I won't allow to come back ever again...

I finally arrived at my house , got off my car and unlocked the front door to enter it. The old door squeaked as I opened it. God damn, I wish I could just move out of here...
My wallet sadly disagreed with that idea.

I was about to take my shoes off until I noticed that I forgot to get the mail. It has always been the very first thing I did, after I got off my car...
I was a very organized person, so I thought that it was weird for me to forget such a thing..
But well, I was terribly sleepy , so it's not very unusual for someone to forget the mail, right?

I quickly walked to my mailbox, took out the newspaper and then... I suddenly noticed that there was a weirdly looking letter in my mailbox.
The packaging looked kinda dirty...
How strange, why didn't they just sent it to my office?
I never got any personalized letters...

The rain got worse, so I took the newspaper and the letter and hurried back inside. As soon as I closed the loudly squeaking door, I ripped off the letters packaging immediately to read it.

What I saw seemed even more weird, I only got requests from people in this town, but the sender of the letter, whose name seemed strangely familiar, wasn't from here.
But why would I get an order from so far away? I stopped thinking about it and started reading the letter:

Dear Detective Orpheus,
I have been reading all your stories, back in the day when you were still a crime novelist.I am a big fan of your writing and I know how smart you are. But this letter isn't about your novels, as much as I would love to talk about them, I have been struggling with a case, that only  a good detective could solve.
I am sorry for my apruptness and I know that you should talk about a request as big as this one from face to face. But I am sorry, I don't have the time to do so. My wife is sick and I am slowly losing all my energy too. Our daughter disappeared, but it's neither just a 'normal' vanishing, nor kidnapping. She was at her aunts house, around the time she vanished. After my sister couldn't find her and we looked for her in the whole town, we got a message. A message that someone has seen her miles away around the woods. At first I thought it's fake, but it's the only clue we have gotten since then... Again, I am sorry for my apruptness. But please help us find our lost angel.