We did it

Patricias diary

I hid behind a tree while Luca was running from this bloodthirsty creature, that was only a few meters behind him.
He was trembling a bit and looked completely sick, his face got super pale and he looked like he was about to puke or even pass out.
My eyes widened as I saw the blood dripping down his neck,
I needed to help him, now!

I ran towards the two with adrenaline pumping through my veins.
I didn't know what I was doing and if this was going to work out, I was scared as fuck and I could hear my heartbeat without really concentrating on it.

I finally reached them and pushed myself between the two to bodyblock him from the hunters next hit. If he would get hit one more time, he would fall down, I knew that for sure.. With success I dodged the next hit and the pain was unbearable, this time it was worse.

Their umbrella ripped my bandages apart and hit the exact same spot again, with even more blood coming out of my body, that my braids even started to get wet and sticky.

I wanted to cry and scream but it was not the time for that right now, I noticed that the killer was more focused on me than on Luca so I gave him a quick stare and hoped that he would get the message. Luckily he did and quickly ran away.

I tried to run faster and even though it seemed impossible, I strangely was still able to do it. I grabbed the pallet to my left and hit him on his head with it.
Great! This gave me a few seconds to get away from him.

Sadly, this didn't stop him for that long...

Lucas Diary

I was running away as fast as I could.
This Patricia didn't seem to be as bad as I thought after all.
God I was so fucking thankful she did that...

My legs started to ache even more than my head so I decided to sit one some rock and just breath for a moment.
It felt so damn good.
I closed my eyes and rested my hands on my thighs, then I felt something strange in the pocket of my pants.
I opened my eyes again skeptically and pulled out whatever was in my pocket.

My eyes widened,
the circuit controller from Reznik!
How didn't I think of this earlier!!

I jumped up in pure euphoria and ran to one cipher machine to another and connected them.
I immediately started decoding one of them and transferred some of the decoding process from my cipher to the other.
This was genius!

Reznik and I used to work with ciphers a lot earlier in the day, they were the worst. They took forever and were no fun at all to decode, I complained and complained until I had the idea to build this controller that can decode two ciphers at once.

On the other hand I also loved these damn machines, I just love everything with electricity. While decoding I noticed how much I missed it...

Patricias diary

I was laying on the floor, blood all over me.
He hit me again.

My dress was torn apart and my limbs felt weaker then ever.
I noticed how something came up my throat and so I tried to sit up to spit it out without any success.

It was blood.

The wicked creature stood before me and smiled at me with a mischievous grin.
His long skinny fingers reached for my waist before he lifted me up aggressively and threw me over his shoulder like I would weigh nothing.