{Lucky}

"Ya sure that yer ready?" Daryl's husky voice vibrated the back of her neck and made the woman lightly shiver as it spread over her skin.

"Born ready, Alley Cat." Eevee mumbled as he brushed back a loose lock of wavy caramel hair. Fingers skimmed over her forearms and shoulder and he mapped every inch.

"Make sure to stay loose." Purred the archer in her ear. "It'll make it a lot easier that way." Heavy hands curled around her hips as she took a second to prepare for the next few moments.

Taking a deep breath, Eevee reached down and squeezed the trigger to send the wood bolt flying until it thwacked into a nearby tree- just missing the outer ring of the painted on bullseye. She hissed lightly at the kickback of the crossbow as it jammed into her shoulder.

"Not bad for your first shot, Ghost." Daryl commented as she let the weapon droop, the weight dragging down her arms. "Draw back and try again."

"Since when do you give me orders?" She playfully sneered, the taller man rolling his eyes at her bratty attitude before leaning down to her size.

"I don't remember you complaining." He smirked as he watched color burn across her cheeks, his quiet amusement turning into full blown hilarity as he watched her struggle to pull back the drawstring on his crossbow.

"Having a little problem, Ghost?" Daryl asked through small chuckles, pastel eyes watching his little wife try her damndest to move that string a mere few inches.

"Fuck me!" Eevee snarled as she tried one more time. Fingers clamped down on her hips as the archer stepped up behind her.

"Is that an invitation?" The man laughed lowly as he leaned down to take the crossbow from her hands. The woman turned to face him and rolled her eyes in response.

"Down, boy." Daryl clicked the drawstring back into place and fitted the next bolt into its holster. With the weapon reset, he turned back to the petite woman at his side.

"With pleasure." All that earned him was a small palm to the face as she turned his head away.

"You're the worst, Daryl Dixon." He handed her the crossbow and she took aim once more, heat curling down the side of her throat as he leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"An' yet ya married me anyway." Eevee chuckled and squeezed the trigger once more, this time the arrow rocketed into the ring right next to the center circle. Archery practice ran on for another hour, the playful banter a constant game of cat-and-mouse.

"Did Deanna ever give you a job?" Eevee blurted as they moved back to the house for breakfast.

"Not yet. You?" She shook her head as they ascended the steps onto the porch. Daryl wasn't surprised, the only person who could control Evenorra was Evenorra.

"They've got a doctor, an engineer, and just about anything else I would do."

"Maybe yer gonna be on the Run Crews." He saw her hackles raise at the idea of going outside those walls again. The pit in his stomach grew heavier when he saw her reaction to his suggestion. It was the same reaction she had when he found that big scar on her shoulder. There's something she isn't telling him, something that's still eating at her.

He reached out and wrapped his hand around her wrist, gently turning her around to face him. Calloused hands gently scraped against her cheek as he slid his hand around the nape of her neck. Catty hazel locked with icy blue as they stood together on the porch.

"Baby..." he dropped his forehead to hers "... you can tell me what happened out there, you know that right?"

"I know and I will, I promise. I just need a little more time." Daryl hummed his agreement and filled the gap between them, the woman grabbing him by the belt to pull him closer. A low growl rumbled his chest in an animalistic response to her actions, the woman devilishly laughing into the kiss before pulling away, the rattle of the doorknob stopping whatever retaliation Daryl had planned.