{To the Survivors}

Daryl couldn't help but feel a twist of worry in his stomach once he was out of sight of the church. For all he knew, the second he was gone Eevee went off wandering and got herself attacked by a walker or whoever was following them. The pit grew heavier the longer he was away and stayed weighing him down until that pristine little church floated into view. Dropping the supplies he carried, his pale eyes scoured the sanctuary for the snarky little woman.

Finding no snappy Eevee waiting around to belittle Gabriel some more, he decided to step outside to see if she was tinkering with the short bus. The hood was closed and he saw no wife hovering around any other part of the vehicle. The Dixon sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose before turning to go find Rick and let him know he was off to scavenger hunt for his wife.

"Rick, ya seen ghost?" The cop furrowed his brows and shook his head, further confirming the suspicion that she tailed it to the trees to probably go looking for her little shadow. "Alright, then I'm off to go find 'er."

"Be safe. Back before sundown." Daryl nodded and stepped outside to go find Eevee before she got herself killed or something. Merle offered to follow, cover more ground and Daryl agreed. He knew his brother was worried too- plus he wanted to do something besides sit still like they'd been making him do for the past few days.

He wasn't walking for very long before he heard her voice floating through the trees. It took him a second to figure out the proper direction she was speaking from and sped up until he pushed through the last layer of underbrush.

"If you want you can probably stay with us as long as you like. As long as you pull your weight and don't slow us down." Was she offering a spot in the group to a stalker?

"Ghost?" Hazel eyes flicked up seconds before chocolate ones followed. He froze for what felt like an eternity, pastel blue orbs skimming between the two in the clearing a few feet away.

"Uhm... alley cat, this is Juno. Juno, this is... Daryl." He looked down at the gawking teen then back at his wife before tilting his head for her to follow him so they could talk privately. They moved just inside the tree line and kept their voices low.

"Ghost, what the fuck?"

"She's the one who's been following us. I saw her as you guys were leaving. Says she's been tailing us since a big explosion?" Terminus. When Carol set a propane tank on fire.

"Yeah, we blew up Terminus to escape. That's what she's talking about. But yer just offering a place to a stranger." She crosses her arms as he talked and he already knew he wasn't going to win this fight.

"You did the same to me, look how that came out."

"And the same offer was given to that Hispanic jackass and ya got shot. Then that other asshole near killed ya a few days later." Eevee remembered them, and yes they betrayed the minimal trust given to them. But Axel and Oscar turned out okay- they even died for their people.

"She's just a kid."

"A dangerous one apparently." He skimmed over her cheek gently where the girl's bear claws scratched at her skin.

"Well you tried to stab me in the neck once so that means you're dangerous too." Daryl sighed through his nose and opened his mouth to speak, Eevee cutting him off. "Did you know someone named Angel?"

"What?"

"Before. Did you ever know someone named Angel?" His brows furrowed as he tried to remember anyone with that name.

"Yeah, why?" Eevee took in a sharp breath and asked her next question.

"When you got drunk and Merle had you sleep with someone, did you use protection? And did you use it every time?" Absolute confusion flashed across his features as she spoke her queries. Why the hell was she asking this? And why now?