{Home Sweet Home}

"What do you think?" Rick asks as he looked to Eevee and Daryl standing in the middle of Cell Block C waiting to drag the corpses outside once they had been cleared from the cells on both levels. T-Dog flipped a walker carcass over the railing to splat on the concrete below, making the woman jump away from the movement a few inches to her right. She glared up at the man who shyly smiled and waved his apology.

"Home sweet home." Daryl huffed as they picked up the body and shuffled for the front door. Glenn opened the door for them and they moved out into the open courtyard to throw the dead prisoner out with the others. They were quick to move back inside and close the big rattling door behind them.

"We'll sleep in the cells?" Hershel asks as he eyed the first opening warily. Rick nodded and jingles a large ring of keys.

"I found some keys on a guard. Daryl's got a set too." The said man scanned the open cells with disdain, his lip lifting to wrinkle his nose in rejection at the idea of sleeping locked in a concrete box. At least a smaller box.

"I ain't sleepin in no cage. I'll take the perch." Eevee and a few others followed him up the stairs and they moved to find a cell they wanted for the night. The woman stared into a dark cell; the dull sink and toilet, the crappy cots pushed to one side. It was loosely reminiscent of the rooms back in the CDC. She shook her head and stepped away from the bars to join Daryl on the perch.

"Ya know there's more than enough room fer ya to find yer own place." Eevee pouted and held a hand to her heart in fake pain.

"Ouch you wound me, alley cat. Right in the feelings." He rolled his eyes and let a smirk lift his mouth. "Besides, tent-mates should stick together."

"We ain't been in a tent in a long time, ghost. Houses and even storage units but no tent." Eevee hissed through her teeth and continued her act of a painful shot to the heart.

"You are just full of ways to be rid of me, aren't you?"

"Maybe I'd think 'bout lettin ya stay if ya told me the real reason those cells freak ya out." She bit her lip and wrung her hands together as she debated internally.

"It's stupid really. I look at a cell and I see the rooms back at the CDC. They aren't even remotely the same-"

"Ya gonna lay down or what?" Eevee lifted eyebrows in a split second of confusion before she saw his smirk in the dying sunlight.

"You asshole, you made me do that for no reason!" Daryl took a jab to the ribcage as he lay on his back.

"I ain't makin ya do anythin, ghost. Yer the one who spilled the truth." She rolled her eyes and shook her head as she tossed her bag next to his and kicked off her boots. Unrolling the quilt she took in Brooks, she made sure to take all the blanket to her side and turn her back towards him.

"So now yer just gonna steal all the blanket because yer embarrassed?" Eevee purposefully ignored him and wiggled into a more comfortable position. Arms wrapped around her body and held her to his front with his nose pressed to her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"It's cold and someone is hoggin all the covers so I found a solution. So ya can either share, or we fall asleep like this an' everyone can laugh in the mornin." She lowly grumbled in a language he didn't understand but gave in and gave him back his half of the quilt. Daryl chuckled in victory and turned so they were back to their regular back-to-back sleeping positions. He reached back and slid his hand into the dip of her hipbone, his small smirk curling wider when she fit her fingers between his.

"Goodnight, ghost."

"Goodnight, alley cat." Morning broke and Rick had them search every dead walker from the yard and the cell block. He also told them to strip the riot gear from the ones that had it.