{Mysteries}

"Has anyone seen Daryl or Eevee? It's time for us to go." Rick's voice ripples through the woman's sleep, making her lightly jump and reach for her gun instinctively. She opened her eyes to see the rooftops of the other houses and soft sunlight filtering through the clouds.

"What?" She rubbed the rest from her eyes and worked to bring her sleep glazed memories back into existence.

"What's with all the yellin?" Eevee yelped in shock and jumped away from the sudden voice beside her, her movements nearly sending her sliding down the shingles. An arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her back up.

"This ain't no slip 'n slide." Daryl joked as he held her to his side so she wouldn't fall.

"Well now I'm disappointed. Did we really fall asleep on the roof?" They looked to each other and bust into low laughter. "How did we not fall off in the middle of the night?"

"No clue, but I think it's time fer us to get back down. Rick is probably lookin fer us." Eevee nodded and they stood so they could work their way back to the balcony and to the others. They dropped onto the outcropping and she stopped him from leaving with a hand to the middle of his chest.

"Hey, Daryl." He turned and reverberated her hand with a low grunt. "Thanks... for looking for me."

"What was that?" Eevee rolled her eyes at his teasing and punched him in the ribcage gently.

"Don't push your luck, alley cat. You heard me fine." It was his turn to roll his eyes before he leaned down and captured her smirking lips with his. She pulled away and lightly laughed at his growl of disappointment.

"C'mon, Rick will tear our heads off if we don't show up soon." Daryl crinkled his nose but nodded to say he agreed and followed the woman down into the living room.

"Where have you two been?" They looked to the cop in unison, both bleary eyed and sleepy.

"Fell asleep on the roof. Give us a few minutes and we'll be ready to ride." Daryl grumbled as they moved by the leader to pack their things and get ready. Eevee slung her bag over her shoulder before she started to fold up the thick quilt.

"Yer actually bringin that thing with us?"

"Uhh yeah, it's comfy and it's warm. I don't remember hearing you complain about it the first night." Daryl grunted in response and they bagged their last bits of belongings.

"Don't mean it should come with."

"Awe, well that's just too bad because I'm bringing it anyways." Rick spoke from the open doorway to break apart their banter.

"Oi, stop flirting and get goin." They burned red and made for the front door before Rick could blurt out more embarrassing things.

"We're comin jeez." They move for the motorcycle and kick it to life before taking point for the others to follow to Woolsey. It wasn't long before they hit the crossroads and Eevee pointed to the left for him to turn in the correct direction. She closed her eyes and pressed her forehead into the Dixon's back between the wings of his vest, her mind now floating through memories she wanted to keep buried.

"No, Evenorra, you're not leaving this building! You're mother and I are here, so you're going to be here too!" Edwin Jenner glared at his daughter from across her mother's office. The woman sitting behind the desk silently.

"I'm not your little girl anymore, I can take care of myself! I will not die stuck in this hole as a lab rat! You can't make me!"

"Eevee, sweetheart, please calm down. We're just trying to keep you safe." She ground her teeth at her mother's ever calm words. Unlike Edwin, she almost never lost her temper. That was something Eevee didn't pick up on.