{Lullaby of the Rose}

The day dawned with no hint of Sophia, and a sniffling Carol trying her best to keep herself together with the reality. Eevee stood shuffling her feet through the dust at the edge of the guardrail. She didn't have much to pack, just what she found here in the cars. And she definitely didn't know how to help a despairing human so she was basically useless at the moment. Daryl stepped up beside her, his bags packed and tied down to his motorcycle all ready to move spots. They both watched as Andrea and Dale coaxed and baited Carol back into the RV so they could go to the farm and see if Carl was alright.

"Why are people so complicated?" She looked diagonally up at the wild man beside her. He simply shrugged, he understood maybe about the same as she did in the humans department.

"You know more than I do, ghost. But we gotta get moving." She nodded and chucked her bag over her shoulder. Turning to face him front on, she smirked impishly and stood on tiptoe to get closer to his scowling face.

"What are ya doin, ghost?"

"Have fun all on your lonesome, alley cat." She stepped back and backtracked to the RV steps. "Don't go getting us lost now." He rolled his eyes and blew out a sigh as he threw his leg over the seat of the motorcycle.

"If we get lost it's yer fault." He kicked the bike to life and they started down the highway looking for Fairburn Road. Much to Daryl's surprise, he did almost miss the turn-off. Distractions are a bitch.

If you don't flag it, then I will.

He shook his head clear and spotted the mailbox marked Greene, just like that woman said. Stopping, he opened the gate to let the RV on the property. He closed the gate behind them and took point again to lead them down the long driveway into the massive clearing with a whitewashed farmhouse planted in the middle. They parked their vehicles under a few wide shade trees not too far from the house and barns. Eevee was the first to exit the big vehicle, making a beeline towards the house where Rick and Shane stood on the porch.

"How is Carl? And T-Dog?" She looked first to Rick, his pale face jolting her into immediate doctoring mode. "Wait how are you? You're really pale."

"I'm okay." She sucked on her teeth and moved up the few steps to reach up and feel his forehead. He was cold and clammy, and when she took his pulse it was weak and thready.

"No, you're not. You're showing signs of blood loss, I'm assuming that you're giving blood to Carl?" He nodded and stumbled a little, faint and tired. "You're gonna get hurt if you keep standing any longer. Go inside, sit down, eat something. Doctor's orders."

"Okay, okay. Doctor's orders." She softly smiled and nodded shallowly, lightly jumping when the screen door rattled open and a strange woman stepped out with short cropped brunette hair and sharp brown eyes.

"Dad said that Carl will be alright." The group heaved a sigh of relief, all except Eevee who was still in intense doctor mentality.

"I'd like to make sure of that myself, thanks." She moved to step by the woman, stopped when she stomped into her way.

"You questioning my dad's work?" She looked up at the woman with a lifted brow.

"Is your father a registered doctor? No? Didn't think so." She pushed by and stepped into the house, leaving the snarky woman glaring dumbfounded at the porch wood.

"Don't mind her, she's a little rough around the edges when it comes to people. She didn't mean it." Maggie glared at Rick and huffed angrily before she turned and stormed into the house. Eevee was stepping out of Carl's room, and the two made angry eye contact.

"Good enough for you?" Eevee bit the inside of her lip. She didn't feel bad about Carl being alright, but she knew that they needed to keep good terms with the house. And everyone inside.