{On The Planet Earth}

Eevee never believed in true love.

It was a chemical defect of the human mind.

An emotion as useless as the rest of them. Happiness, despair, rage, love and every hue in between- what was the point? It clouds the mind like smog and corrupts the ability to be logical.

Or so she thought.

She jolted awake in the middle of the night, another fleeing nightmare slipping through her fingers as smoothly as sand. Warmth spread through her skin as air blew the loose hair of her head around.

"Ghost?" A deep voice rasped through her brain and fired shots of confused terror through her veins for a split second before realization calmed her rearing instincts.

"Sorry, bad dream."

"Same as the one from the farm?" The fact that he remembered that minuscule moment surprised her.

"Maybe, I don't remember either of them." She highly disliked how slippery her mind had been as of late. She was forgetting nightmares, soon she'll be the group moron.

"Thought you remembered everything." Daryl poked fun at her eidetic memory, letting out a small 'oof' when she jammed her elbow into his ribcage in revenge.

"Dreams are different. They're fluid, and can change faster than you can process them. It's like chasing the fog." Daryl hummed lowly and let out a low sigh on the top of her head again. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Well, someone was supposed to keep watch but fell asleep. Better to have what we don't need right?" Eevee fought down a blush despite knowing he couldn't see her in the darkness. His words echoed through her head, the ones she wasn't supposed to have.

If love kills then I'm happy to be a dead man walking...

"Did you fall back to sleep?" Eevee lightly jumped at his rumbling voice vibrating her brain.

"No, just thinking."

"Bout what?" The inky skies slipped quietly into a Prussian blue as the sun found the horizon. Soon the sun will be up.

"How to make a water pump from car parts and unused objects found inside a prison that will reach the river from inside the fence." The Dixon chuckled at her words, why was he expecting anything else other than some wild invention? This was Evenorra Jenner, brilliant genius extraordinaire.

"Why am I not surprised?" The brunette rolled her sleep glazed eyes before shivering at a heavy gust of wind, the fangs of the fading winter still giving it a biting edge. She tried to dig herself further into the biker's side, whining when she learned there was no further. Daryl responded by lazily scooping the woman from the concrete and depositing her between his legs as he curled over to drop his head into the curve of her neck.

"How long has it been since you properly slept?" His arms slipped around her stomach and waist as he softly hummed in thought. "Exactly. The sun won't be up for a few more hours, I'll make sure to stay awake this time."

"I'm fine." The woman snorted her disbelief and reached up to start gently running her fingers through his hair, humming out a laugh when she felt him start to relax and lean into her touch with a low growl of pleasure. Once she started to sway and lowly hum a tune it didn't take long for the man to pass out still wrapped around her like a human blanket. She watched the sky brighten hue by hue as she built on her humming to make a full lullaby.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you would marry me
No scorching sun nor freezing cold
Will stop me on my journey
If you will promise me your heart
And love me for eternity
My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need for mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me
But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me
I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold
I only want you near me
To love and kiss to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows
And delights
I'll keep your laugh inside me
I'll swim and sail a savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
I'd gladly ride the waves so white
And you will marry me!"