{Emotional Transference}

Eevee lay in her shared tent alone, brain reeling over that moment in the farmhouse. Over and over again. Everything was in a whirlwind blur in her head and she worked to untangle the strings.

"Okay, just break it down to the basics." The basics of something between humans was the senses. So, start with those.

Taste: His lips tasted like butter and potatoes.
Touch: He was rough, chapped lips but soft.
Smell: It smelled of mud and wet leather.
Sight: She didn't have any form of sight, her eyes were closed.
Hearing: The only thing she heard was the pounding of her own heart in her ears.

"Even this isn't working! This always works!" She threw her arms up in the air and turned to her left, facing an empty tent where Daryl Dixon should be. She was thankful he was stuck in that room in the farmhouse, it gave her a chance to figure herself out before having to face him again.

Why did he kiss her? Why did she kiss back? Did she like it? Was it just a muscle movement?

"It was just emotional transference. It probably meant nothing." Eevee stared at the blue tent side until she slipped into sleep. A hand on her shoulder jolted her awake and she yanked a blade from her sheath before pressing it to any skin she could find.

"Jeez, I just came ta get some sleep. Couldn't take it in that house anymore. Now I'm thinkin the house may be a better choice." Eevee replaced her knife with a sigh and a nod.

"Sorry. Thought you were Shane finally deciding to try his luck." They both chuckled and she slid back into her place on her half of the tent so he could crawl in and lay down. Eevee wanted to bring up what happened at the farmhouse, but she didn't want to blurt out something stupid and make the whole event into something way out of proportion.

"You look... tired. Are you alright?" He nodded and winced in pain as he lowered himself onto the sleeping bag below.

"I'll be good, just need some sleep." Dipping her head, she turned her back like she did the night before.

"Goodnight, alley cat." There was a small pause before he answered back.

"Goodnight, ghost." She felt her eyes slip closed again as his breathing evened out and he started to lightly snore. All she dreamt about was that kiss. Waking up didn't make them go away, if anything it was worsened now that she had to look at the physical man instead of the dream version. The tent flap unzipped and she slid a blade from her thigh in anticipation of Shane. Instead they were met with the guilty face of Andrea coming to say she was sorry for shooting him.

"Hey." Daryl grunted and shifted around a little as Eevee pretended to be asleep. She didn't want to intrude on their bonding moment.

"I'm sorry. I feel like shit."

"Yeah, you and me both." They both let out breathy chuckles.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but if there's anything I can do-"

"You were trying to protect the group. We're good." The blonde woman smiled softly and dipped her head and started to walk away. "But hey, you shoot me again and you'd best pray I'm dead." Eevee waited a few minutes before stretching out in mock waking. She sat up on her knees and rubbed sleep from her eyes with a yawn.

"Morning."

"Morning, ghost." She pushed a heavy breath through her nose and changed her sitting position to be cross legged instead.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." She chuckled in response and jerked towards his wounds in a silent question to check them. He nodded and lifted an arm to say she was welcome to look.