{Lost and Found}

Only in their dreams can man be truly free.

"She's probably got one hell of a...." Who are they talking about?

"Gareth did smack her against that boxcar pretty fucking hard..." Why does that voice sound familiar?

"I thought she was just shook up from the jump..." They all seem so familiar but she couldn't place a name or a cognitive face. Is that normal for her?

"Hey I think she's wakin up." She forced her eyes to open but instantly squeezed them back closed against the burning light.

"That's a side effect, light sensitivity. It may not be bright to us but to her it's like staring at the sun." That was a new voice, firm and authoritative and doctorly. A shadow lessened the pain stabbing into her skull and she opened her eyes against the thrumming that screamed not to. She was surrounded by seven people all staring down at her with varying degrees of... concern? Her body's natural reaction to them wasn't to kick into fight-or-flight so she figured that they must be safe if this was her own instinctual programming. But if they were so relaxing to her body why couldn't she give them a proper name?

"Welcome back. Scared us all half to death you know." Her hazel eyes focused slowly on a smiling black man that she tagged with the previous doctor voice.

"What happened?" At least her own voice didn't sound foreign to herself.

"You passed out from a concussion. Gareth did slam you around real good at Terminus."

"At where?" Six of the seven people shared concerned looks, the doctor-sounding man the only one who didn't change expressions.

"It's okay guys, it's another side effect of the concussion. Temporary amnesia of the short-term memories. They'll come back but they take a while to clear up. That means she probably won't remember some of our names since we met fairly recently. Let's make sure there isn't any long-term damages. Can you tell me your name?"

"Evenorra Carina Jenner..... wait no, the name changed.... Evenorra Carina..." She glanced down and spotted the ring on her hand, the memory finally clicking into place. "Dixon! That's what it was. I feel so bad for the poor soul that decided to marry me."

All eyes slid over to the smirking Daryl as Eevee mumbled her last sentence. She caught their shift and followed the line of sight over towards the amused man who lightly waved at her.

"That would be me. I don't feel bad though." Eevee burned red and turned her gaze away as the others chuckled at her embarrassment.

"Okay well now that we have a baseline to go from, what's his name?" The doctor man motioned towards her husband- still such a shock that she had one at all. It's not that she didn't have feelings for him- she had those memories and knew that it hadn't been knocked out of her- she's more surprised that anyone was willing to be permanently around her while she yammered about random things nobody else cared about. Evenorra was more surprised that anyone even tolerated her at all. And sifting through her jumbled memories brought up a nickname she knew he would hate. And she knew this would be her one chance to use it in this context.

"Kitty?" The group near burst into laughter at her single word and she watched his concerned expression fall away into one of playful loathing.

"Of all the memories ya coulda lost, ya had to remember that stupid nickname." Eevee gave him an innocent smile he knew all too well. She knew his name, she just wanted to be a little pain in his ass.

"Okay okay, I know your name. It was just too good to pass up. You're Daryl. Then Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Merle," she pointed to each person as she named them, until she got to the doctor man. "And you're..... Bob?"