{Welcome to Alexandria}

"Hey, alley cat. Earth to Daryl!" The man jolted awake and scanned the world around him to look for anything at all- an enemy, a friend, a lost life. Anything. Warm air puffed around his neck and he glanced down, the curly hair of Juno shining a soft silver in the dappled moonlight. She still wore that old pilot coat, the soft wool now dingy with caked on dirt and grime from their endless travels in a serpentine path northward.

To D.C. To safety. They hoped.

She was healing up nicely, the hole in her leg had stopped bleeding and was on the mends- though she now had a limp to her step. But that should go away once she's able to put her weight on that leg again. She'll be okay. He'll be okay. They'll be okay.

"Another one?" Jax's voice rumbled through the darkness a few feet away. How he knew every time was beyond him, but he didn't really care to find out either. Daryl simply grunted in response and flicked his gaze towards the trees, the quiet clatter of metal feathers telling him that Lilith was up there somewhere.

The world started to come to life as the sun rose, birds chirping as the nightlife found their shelters from the sunlight. Minute by minute the deep Egyptian blue of the night brightened into a vibrant cerulean that burned with the sun. As soon as everyone was awake they were on the move, stuffing themselves into their two cars as they pushed through the day.

"Shit. The tank's tapped into this one." Daryl growled as the car spluttered with its last few breaths of life. He pressed on the horn so the lead car would stop. Rick stepped out and moved towards them as his group clambered from their dead vehicle.

"Fuel's gone?" Rick asked as the archer slammed his door closed and nodded. How the hell were they supposed to fit in that little four-door was going to be a sight to see. The cop kicked his head back for them to move to the only car left and the others inside were quick to start shuffling around and preparing to get really friendly with whoever they were going to be squashed next to. Thankfully it was a larger SUV so there was room in the back behind the seats for them to fit a few extra more.

"You good to sit with Carl and them in the back?" Daryl rumbled as he looked down to Juno who limply jogged to keep up with his longer legs. She nodded and clicked open the back hatch so she could start figuring out a way to get in. Carl smiled and held out his hands for her to take and use as her help up, the little teen returning his grin as she worked her way in beside him. Lilith was next to hop into the trunk area, slipping her legs between Juno's as she sat across from her and beside Eugene- who looked like he was on the verge of shutting his pants in terror of the scared woman.

Daryl and Jax moved to the front set of seats, Michonne sliding into the middle so Daryl could take the passenger. After another couple of minutes squishing and shuffling around, people started to get comfortable with each other and the car returned to its journey.

"While we're moving let's take inventory in supplies. Especially the water." Rick spoke as the silence grew to a deafening level. Things were passed back and forth as everyone pooled their resources and tallied what they had. Lilith banded Eugene the last bottle of water she had and glanced over at Juno to check and see how she was faring being in such close quarters to everyone she had been trying to distance herself from. A smile quirked her scowling mouth as she saw the curly headed brunette slouched against Carl, both peacefully sleeping.

Kids.

Turning her attention back towards the front, she could see how both Daryl and Rick were trying to casually check on their kids in the back. She caught glances with Rick in the rear view mirror and she held her hand spread over her face before closing all the tips together and tapping in her chin to sign to him that they were sleeping, but his brows furrowed in confusion.