{Annabel Lee}

Sunset.

The time to make their decision on Randall and his life. Eevee and Daryl dropped their catch at the tent before making the trek to the old farmhouse which is now their makeshift courthouse and stockyards. Everyone had vanished into the house by the time they arrived. Daryl paused at the door and tugged the woman to him by her gun belt.

"What?"

"Nothin." He pressed his lips to hers softly and with a low growl of pleasure. Eevee chuckled into the kiss and stepped back to slide into the house before he could stop her.

"What a tease, ghost." The woman smirked and leaned against the threshold as everyone stood in awkward silence. Daryl arrived behind her and mirrored her stance behind the petite woman. Most of the argument she tuned out and filed away for later memorization, her focus currently on the old cases that she told them about. She remembered those days all too well.

"Sheriff, I'm Evenorra Jenner, we spoke on the phone." She shook hands with a squatty man in the usual cop uniform. She could feel the other cops around her staring, their curious gazes boring holes in the back of her head.

"Yes, right this way. I gotta warn you, this one's pretty nasty. Ain't had one like this in my whole career." She blankly nodded and followed the older man into his office to look at the case he asked her to look at. He handed her the file, his face squished in disgust as she flipped the folder open calmly and skimmed quickly through the contents.

Name: Jenna Marie Sanchez
D.O.B: Jan, 18, 1988
Age: 17
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: blue
C.O.D: severe head trauma lead to a brain hemorrhage
Suspects: none
Leads: traces of multiple semen donors, DNA matching each donor under victim fingernails

"Is this everything?" The sheriff nodded and swallowed loudly.

"Is there anything we can do?" She glanced up at the crowding officers outside the door.

"I need an empty room, evidence boards, and for everyone to get out of my way."

"Couldn't we continue keeping him prisoner?" Maggie's voice broke her from her memories.

"Just another mouth to feed." Eevee tuned out the discussion some more and floated back into her memories.

"Are you absolutely sure there's other cases tied to this one?" Evenorra glared blankly across the evidence board at the sheriff.

"No rapist suddenly begins with murder. They start small, peeping into female neighbors' windows, raiding underwear drawers, then once that no longer gets them off they finally start to attempt physical rapes. They build to this level of violence. Now, if you don't have any other unsolved rapes, I will need to be contacting other precincts in joining counties."

"So the answer is to kill him to prevent a crime he may never even attempt?!" Eevee snapped her head up at his word choice. Was Dale for real?

"Dale, did you not hear me the first time? Let me make this clear to you, put it in your terms. He is a rapist. He attacks and kills women. Keeping him here would be putting us all in danger. Are you willing to put Carol and Andrea and Maggie and Beth and Lori in danger every second he's anywhere close to this farm?"

"If we do this, we're saying there's no hope. Rule of law is dead. There is no civilization!" He turned to try and contend his point to the crowded living room. Eevee started to ramble over his voice.

"Oh, my god. What are you doing? No please don't. Please. Stop it. Please stop. No. No. No. please. Someone. Help. Help me. You're hurting me. Stop. Please. Help me. Help me. Someone help me." She scanned the room as she spoke in deadpan, everyone looked sad and shocked at her words.