✂☘

Luckless. The game of life is a gambling game, and Bakugou's misfortune carries everywhere. The rising spikes of rewards amounted to nothing, reigning down so the people who rigged it in their favour could win. Because Bakugou is luckless! He goes to the dream of his school as the high on that spike, then finds out that everybody else is better than him. And he's chasing after them to be quicker. But that's okay.

But Deku's there too. The quirkless nerd got it. What's going on?

Bakugou gets sent to a facility to learn for the first time, the first field trip of the year. He's high on happiness that he manages to keep down, but he smirks anyways. The bus was alright, even though Kaminari called him out for being an ass, it wasn't too big. That's okay.

The thing that wasn't, was the attack. Bakugou goes to a field trip to enjoy himself but gets attacked. But it boosted his image when he had kneed the villain's windpipe. What should have been an unlabelled thing, the visit, was in every pore of the internet, with the recognizable name of "The USJ attack" on every news article in the world it seems. He only realizes how blinding U.A's spotlight is then.

But he doesn't falter from the bright light, nor does he welcome it. He just stands there, figuring out what to do when the whole world is watching you. He's been eyed with scrutiny ever since he was a kid, this is just a little more. A grain more. The falling spike has shifted him down in life, again.

He's against Uraraka, it's a climax of power, resistance, and stamina to win. It was jarring in its own way, stunning. Bakugou surely was stunned, especially when the screams ruled out through the stadium indignantly, loud judging voices roared. The light fixed on him turns harsher within a second, but he doesn't let it slow him down. Uraraka's eyes widen, then she scowls. Bakugou's not sure what side she's on but he's not sure it's his.

But Aizawa stood up for him. The spike was trudging up again, and the voices screaming were quieted.

That doesn't mean they don't think you're some goddamn woman beater.

You can't change their mind so easily, Eraserhead just did the minimum. You're still going to be labelled as an abuser.

Even though this match was fair?

Yes. Even though this match was fair.

Oh.

But that's OK?

That's OK.

Then rocks tumble, Bakugou hears their warning crumbles hovering above him like the grey of an upcoming storm. His hand shoots up before they even graze against him. In a steadied, well-aimed blast, they burst to nothing but sand and sediments. The look of dismay on Uraraka's face, as Bakugou had destroyed the culmination of her touches over the period of their dragged out fight, was also a look of pain. Like a father with his dying son or something, hidden due to the false whispers of keeping a stoic tone for your family, but having that morose sorrow crack through the stern features of ones face. Uraraka didn't have stern features though, so it was more like they sifted out from the soft of her skin.

One last blast sent an off guard Uraraka tumbling to the ground with the last of her perseverance tucking out of her. Bakugou hears more angry words from the crowd, but it doesn't matter anymore. He won. The spike growls upwards.

But there's a voice.

'Woman beater!'

He can ignore it.

As he comes up the stairs, Mineta pokes at his sexuality: 'I didn't know you swung that way.' Just for giving a girl a fair fight. Bakugou snapped at him to shut up, and he had with no problems.