˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚In the following time he took his life - 0.9

The school talent show ended with a blast, they rest in the makeshift break room, abound with lively chatters and bubbling with laughs. The wall is a canvas white with a small uneven surface, like a rocky sandpaper with more thick and swollen bumps. Jirou leans against it, Bakugou drinks from his metal water bottle quietly as she tries to stir up conversation.

'You were great out there,' she praises, but it does nothing to really fix the attention to her, then, 'what type of music do you listen to?'

'I don't actually fucking listen to music,' Bakugou finally says, eyes hooding as if to scold Jirou. Jirou raises a brow then forces down a grimace.

'But you know how to play the drums?' She tries, hoping to find somewhere to relate to the blond.

'Yeah and!?'

'And you play the drums like really well, well enough to enter a band or something. You have to like... like a band or something.'

'Oi! Why is it any of your fucking business anyways?'

'No reason, just curiosity.'

Silence, then, 'Training music isn't terrible I guess...'

Had the beats out there mellowed him down? Jirou looks at him with an acknowledging glance, 'Do you have any favourite artists or something then?'

Bakugou returns an inspective stare, then staring around the room furtively, as if to make sure nobody was listening or something. 'Panic! At The Disco'n'grandson.' He's frowning as he said it, as if he's about to spit out vitriol.

'Oh, really? Panic! At The Disco is super cool.'

'...Yeah, fucking know that already.'

'I'm guessing your favourite At the disco song is like... Emperor's New Clothes?'

Bakugou scoffed, 'Close. House of Memories. Emperor's New Clothes is in second fuckin place.'

'Oh.'

'M fucking joking, Build God Then we'll talk's the best. House of Memories' a sometimes song.'

'Are you joking? The difference of Martydom —'

'And suicide is the—'

'Press coverage,' they say in unison. It causes Jirou to giggle. What caused Bakugou to mellow down all of a sudden? Well... he's been a lot more transfixed with himself lately.

It's odd. But she doesn't question it out loud.

'Don't do that!' Bakugou snaps.

Jirou plays dumb, simply raising an eyebrow, before letting a telltale grin rip through her face.

Bakugou simply rolls his eyes.

'Build God, Then We'll Talk is decent I guess.'

'Don't diss my fucking music!'

.

.

.

Then things just moved. Hobbled around, Jirou and Bakugou discussed songs for a while, and switched between things. Drama between famous bands, cryptic song lyrics, views on music companies, and rising singers and whether they deserved the fame or not.

Things changed, and on a Friday, right after class, they seat themselves against the wall besides the door. Right at the entrance of Jirou's dorm to talk.

'Are you joking? She can't sing for crap!' Jirou leans into the screen, eyes wide as she hears the cracked voice play through the device's speakers.