Weighing Grudges 004

Ghost: Reiko Yanagi

Mushroom Girl: Kinoko Komori

Slanted Eyes: Nieto Monoma

Devil head/Rhino: Pony Tsutonori

Back in the uncomfortably warm theatre.

Ayako asks for volunteers like usual after asking about their days and chatting. Therapist shit or whatever.

Katsuki watches as Shitty Hair gets up, raising his hand, and determination on his face. Katsuki really thought he had been nervous a few days ago? Why's he getting up now?! Katsuki feels revolted by it, nearly betrayed, but doesn't let it show because it's a dumb reason to be offended. He closes his eyes, shaking his head, but letting some thoughts show on his face. Because all that's there is Shitty Hair, you utter moron.

Then Pinky, as though inspired by Shitty Hair's stupidity, raises her pink hand. And in the midst of five other people in 1-A, she gets picked. Giggly, she hops off the chair, waving cheekily at Ponytail with a wide smile, and rushing down the stairs. Sparky looks interested, and Katsuki has to give him the dirtiest look until he realizes. Which he does eventually.

'Bro, come on!' Sparky laughs, 'don't get your panties in a wad over this.'

'I'll kill you if you say that one more time,' Katsuki threatens, which causes Sparky to smile.

For some reason, he's been thinking they're best friends because Katsuki took him out to shop groceries. A stupid reason, but he's sure Sparky probably compares Katsuki to his unavailable mom now. Disgusting. All he sends is a wide grin, and stares at the stage. He's intrigued as the class president of Class 1-B gets picked.

Plain Face went up first, and holy shit the amount of ... discomfort it caused. The only reason Plain Face became a hero was because of his quirk.

The discomfort it caused was because this was maybe the first video Katsuki fucking related to. It was like beckoning to him, pulling him in like a fish on a fish hook, and suddenly he understood the allure of the videos with such clarity it was mind boggling. He closes his eyes, and tunes out the rest of Plain Face's video. Refusing to even consider alliance with a Class 1-B student for a second.

It just felt right. The screen plays, it's a shame that closed eyes can't shut away noise. being a hero. It seemed like the right thing to do. It would be wasting my gifts after all, and it was easy money as well... It's a lot harder than I expected though, but still, I became a hero because I didn't want to waste my talents. If you have something nice, and it's free, might as well use it to help others?

There's no way that was Katsuki's reason too.

If that was his reason, the only reason it would be is his thirteenth.

Then Shitty Hair goes up, he looks anxious, but wears the unconvincing face of bravery. He takes a seat beside Katsuki as the video begins to play, Katsuki finds himself oddly interested. Looking at Shitty Hair curiously, but peeling his eyes away swiftly when Shitty Hair meets his eyes.

A young kid, rubs his closed eye. In a second, there's blood, it trickles from his face, and he gasps. In a sudden burst, he begins to cry. That was when I found out my quirk. It left me with that... permanent scar.

Flashing to a middle school Hairy peering into the mirror and gauging out his own face. He looks at himself, eyelashes near touching as he squints. Really taking a good look, before leaning away, hands still planted firmly on the sink sides. There's static in the background, the sound of a local news channel playing a reporter's monotonous voice. His hair is as dark as coals, but his eyes still red. The marks of a childhood scar is a puny slit over his right eye, long faded with time, but still visible.