Weighing Grudes 010

Katsuki picks a cube of fish between chopsticks. With a quickly flick of his fingers, he steers the chopstick to his lips. Biting the cube as it slips out, and savouring the taste. The fish is tender and cool, the sea taste blanketed by spices and the teriyaki sauce he drizzled over it.

'Bro?' Shitty asks, seated beside him. 'Are you listening?'

Katuski didn't even realize Shitty was talking, 'Mhm. Yeah.'

'Okay, cool, so Rock Lock right? He entered this crazy villain bust! —hey, you heard of him?' Shitty pauses, 'no, that's a stupid question. Course ya heard of him! So, something new with the yakuza. He was the first one to find the quirk boosts and—'

'Ohhh!' Pinky screams, 'oh I've so heard about it! He took the drugs, right?'

'Right,' Shitty nods.

'No way! How does he still have his license?' Duncey exclaims, 'he didn't actually—'

'He stabbed it right in his neck and went berserk,' says Shitty, 'the articles I read on it all said the same thing though. He didn't lose his license because. . .'

Just then Katsuki tunes them out. It's not a big deal, and Katsuki realizes he hadn't missed a lot when sitting with them except the company. And the usual insane articles. He feels Shitty's arm wrap around his shoulder and hold him, and he doesn't bother. Their voice is like senseless buzz now. Then his eyes land on him.

Is he coming here?

Quickly, Katsuki looks away, but not before their eyes meet. Katsuki knows he's approaching without needing to see him. Although he begs for it to be untrue, in a silent, angry mutter that confuses Shitty, the world is uncaring, and soon there's a hand clapping on his shoulder.

'My, my, what's that? Smells nice.' Slanted says, his voice floating right over Katsuki's ear.

'None of your business.' He grits back.

Shitty looks up, 'Dude? Something you want?'

'Bakugou.' The answer is too fast. Soon, there's nothing but quiet and eyes. Duncey squints, trying to decipher what he said and letting out a small oh when it hits him. Katsuki is just about to punch him when Slanted clears his throat, correcting himself, 'Bakugou. I'd like to talk to Bakugou.'

'No, screw off,' Katsuki says, shrugging his hand off, 'and don't touch me you weirdo!'

'Hey—'

Straightening, Katsuki's hand grip the table as he whips his head to a startled Slanted. There's not a pint of regret as he shouts, 'Go!'  because it's no secret that nobody wants him here. 'Or else!'

'Or else what?' Slanted sighs and Shitty might bolt from his skin. Nobody says that, especially in the face of such a clear threat, 'you're seriously running out of insults to use. It's not amusing to talk to you anymore.'

Katsuki grinds his teeth.

'You're getting boring.'

A shock runs through his arm, a sudden power that snaps it from the edge of the table, until his hand's firing to Slanted's dumb face. There's nothing he deserves more than a punch, yet Katsuki's hand reroutes last second, just moments before flinging into his flinching face, to hold his shoulder. Yanking him close, and snarling, 'I'll throw you out of the cafeteria window and impale you on a goddamn tree.'