⏳🔥💨

Normalized abuse. 

Todoroki vs. Bakugou 

The common room had been abuzz with life, talking and chatters filled the air excitedly. Somehow though the conversation had turned, something about parenting after Ashido loudly complained about how her parents would scold her for missing a day of school to go to some seedy karaoke bar when Kaminari brought something of the liking up.

'A scolding?' Hagakure gapes, 'my parents would ground me for a lifetime if I did that!'

'Can't you just like, leave the room without them knowing... though?' Sero suggests.

'No! That's dishonest!'

Ojirou laughs, 'My parents would be really upset and would spend like a month guilting me for it after taking all the phones in the house.'

'That's so strict...' Ashido cringes.

'Dude, your parents are so lenient, my parents are so much more strict,' Kaminari sighs, 'they make me do chores for like forever and they stop cooking and ordering food for like a month! And then they take my phone away!'

'Oh god,' Midoriya gapes, 'my mom just gets really upset and doesn't talk for a while, it's always scary when she does that. If I'm really bad she grounds me after scolding me...'

'What's the longest she's ever grounded you for?'

Midoriya looks up to Kirishima, who asked the question with this seriousness molded in his otherwise soft features. Unblinkingly, some people even subconsciously held their breath-- 'Three days.'

A pause then laughter. Midoriya turned a little bashful, 'You don't get it I- it was bad!'

'My parents grounded me for four months once,' Tsuyu puts in, Midoriya actually pales, and before anybody can ask what she did, 'I let my younger siblings play with the stove by accident. I was watching a movie and they started playing with the stove, and my parents decided to come home that time.'

'...That sounds fun,' Jirou's brows lift.

'When I was younger my mom used to lightly slap my arm if I messed up,' Sero joins.

'Same,' Uraraka voices.

'I never got punished,' it's a quiet voice, and heads turn to the speaker. Yaoyorozu, 'I didn't do much to get the opportunity to do bad when I was younger,' she says with a gentle laugh.

'Dude, what the hell,' Kaminari breaths.

'That makes no freaking sense.'

'You didn't get in trouble, once?'

Yaoyorozu shakes her head, then Bakugou butts in, 'Your parents are all fucking cowards!'

'Oh?' Kirishima lets a smile rip through his face.

'I honestly think your parents would be really loose with ya man,' Kaminari thinks, 'like letting you run wherever you want and not caring if you run wild--'

'The fuck? My old hag used to yell at me if I even got a grain of dirt on my fuckin shoes,' Bakugou proudly states, as if seeing this as some challenge. To share the strictest of parental punishments.

Todoroki suddenly looks in Bakugou's direction, as if finding something to relate to, 'My old man didn't let me go outside to mess up my shoes, when he was mad.'

'My old hag can fucking scream for hours when she's mad.' Bakugou tries to one up him.

'Yeah, Endeavour screams all the time...' Todoroki still tries to make conversation.

'She throws things too.' Bakugou only tries to one up.

'He pulls me by my shirt while screaming and using his quirk.' Todoroki gets where this is going, but finds no reason to stop.

'She throws anything, even shit like toasters!'

'He didn't let me talk to any of my siblings.'

'She likes talking shit.'

'He motivates people before destroying them.'

'Uhm,' Iida attempts, the air suddenly turning different, not like the two socially incapable boys noticed.

'She used to kick me outside when I annoyed her.'

'He locked me in my room if I didn't train hard enough.'

'She once kicked me out early in the fucking morning when it was raining!'

'He forced me to train until I passed out.'

'She knocked me unconscious a few times!'

Todoroki looks thoughtfully at the boy, voice softening, 'He'd burn me with his quirk during our training and wouldn't stop even when I begged.'

'Guys--' Ashido tries with this weird tone that none of the two can decipher, so they ignore it and continue.

Bakugou loudly announcing, 'She rubbed my sweat on my skin and force me to ignite myself!' As if waiting for Todoroki to try.

'I was only conceived because they guessed I would have a strong quirk. That's why I have other siblings.'

The room grows painfully quiet, even the sounds of people moving on the couch end. Just astonishment. People hold their breath, unable to find words, instead finding themselves waiting for Bakugou's own response.

'Yeah, so you're like some fucking lab rat?' Bakugou sneers, and Todoroki mentally flinches at the word, Uraraka opens her mouth to say something, 'and whatever. Two people with fucking matching quirks just don't find each other....' a pinpointed glare.

'My mom's family sold her to him,' Todoroki says, in this breathless manner.

'Arranged marriage.'

They're actively looking for who's gone through worse without really noticing that what's happening isn't normal. 

.

A/N: And then it ends. 

Words: 860